Hammock
    Homemade asym
    Tarp
    Homemade blackcat
    Insulation
    JRB Hudson River

Just a small suggestion

It's just a thought, but in the 4 sale and Gear your looking for sections, when the deal, issue, sale, purchase has been resolved, why not have a mod lock the thread?

It would help people stay on topic if they can't post off topic stuff once the deal is done.

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by QChan View Post
    It's just a thought, but in the 4 sale and Gear your looking for sections, when the deal, issue, sale, purchase has been resolved, why not have a mod lock the thread?

It would help people stay on topic if they can't post off topic stuff once the deal is done.
    You read my mind.

If you have a For Sale thread or a Wanted To Buy thread, and you item has sold or you have found what you are looking for, please make sure the thread is marked that the item is sold. I will be going through the FS and WTB forums over the next couple of days and closing threads on items that have been sold.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images
    I moderate on another forum and that's what we do. Lock the thread when people have sold their items or have found the item they wanted to buy.

Others don't have to waste time reading through a FS thread where the item has been sold. Any threads that haven't had updates after 2 or 3 months are locked as well. If the person selling item wants it re-opended they just PM the moderator.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyCamper View Post
    Any threads that haven't had updates after 2 or 3 months are locked as well. If the person selling item wants it re-opended they just PM the moderator.
    Locking finished 4sale threads is fine, but auto-closing threads wouldn't work here. There are too many older threads that get revisited with new information after time passes. I think that instead contacting a mod to open up an old thread, many users would just not bother at all. Then you lose out on the information they would have added.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    Homemade asym
    Tarp
    Homemade blackcat
    Insulation
    JRB Hudson River
    Yeah that's what I used to do on the forums I admin-ed, We appointed one person just to do that. Then people who don't mod that area don't have worry about it.

• + New Posts