Tarp
    Maccat Deluxe
    Insulation
    DIY TQ, UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images

DIY update

Haven't had a lot of time to be on the boards recently, but figured I show my recent projects.

I did a summer sew through TQ basically like this http://www.lytw8.com/My_Gear.html#LytW8_Summer_Quilt but with adjustments for my height, and I like to pull the cover over my head. I cut it to be the same size as my other TQ that used that design but had baffles. It ended up being 73 inches long and 48 at the top tapering to 37.5 at he bottom.

Total weight is 16.9 oz It has 1.5 to 1.75 inches of loft. I used the primaloft thermo, and some .67 sq yd material I got from Titanium Goat. If my recent test are any good this will be good down to 40 at least. I also have enough material to make an UQ to match, I'll make it with baffles and aim at 30/40*

I recently took my other set up down to 23, my feet were cold when I woke up but I stuck them out off the UQ while sleeping, other than that I was toasty. http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=43111

Also I made a beak with some left over 1.1. It does okay, but I need to lay out and measure the sides and try to do better, one long side doesn't like to pull tight in some configurations.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "truth is uncontainable, and inexpressible. It neither is nor is not.
    This unformulated principle is the foundation of the different systems of all the sages."
    Diamond Sutra

Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images
    ciphoto - nice work!

Hammock
    DIY HH clone sorta
    Tarp
    DIY 11x10ish mess
    Insulation
    DIY Primaloft UQ
    Suspension
    DIY straps w/whoop
    Images
    Looks great. Used the loose fill primaloft stuff right? How is that to work with? I've been following some of the other threads on it, but I want to hear it from the horse's mouth so to speak. Papa Smurf mentioned it was difficult to shake down through the baffles. Which makes me question how you stuff the baffles? What was you experience?
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde.

Hammock
    HH Expedition, DIY
    Tarp
    Maccat Deluxe
    Insulation
    DIY TQ, UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Thanks LB,

Yep, the loose fill pikey. I just shove it in by hand. After I finish sewing every thing up, I pull it on it and spread it out.where it kinda clumps, I pull it or hand rake it out, and then if tries stays apart I kinda push it together.

Once I have a decent spread I haven't had a problem with mine, and I've stuffed and unstuffed the first ones I made alot. I put them in my pack and then 4 gallons of water and walk 3 to 5 miles several times a week.

To me it seems extremely warm, all my test are done au naturel. I did have socks on in the last one. I've started putting them on from the start since most the time my feet would get a little chill. But I was toasty with frost on the TQ at 23* with what will be my winter set up.
    "truth is uncontainable, and inexpressible. It neither is nor is not.
    This unformulated principle is the foundation of the different systems of all the sages."
    Diamond Sutra

Hammock
    DIY HH clone sorta
    Tarp
    DIY 11x10ish mess
    Insulation
    DIY Primaloft UQ
    Suspension
    DIY straps w/whoop
    Images
    I'm not going to lie, it looks and sounds like some serious quality action you have going on right there. I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get some then. Thanks!
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde.

• + New Posts