Tarp
    HG Cuben, Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    Still all 'Old School' with my Yetis.
    Same here. Still using my prototype 3 season Yeti and love it.

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    The wife loves her 50 degree and 30 degree Jarbridge UQ by Paul from Arrowhead,,and the 30 weighs in at around 20 ozs and keeps her warm into the 20's as she is hot natured. She is only 62 inches tall and the Jarbridge is 42" x 58" long so its like her sleeping on top of a full length quilt. She is always complaining that she is sleeping too hot..lol...can't even get her to think about down as she won't even wear a down jacket..sometimes I wished I had her hot nature,,as I have to sleep alittle heavier than some others. But its a great UQ and also at not a bad price either. Paul is always having a sale every now and then so keep your eyes open.
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    I love my torso synthetic Climashield "Yeti" ( no longer made) because of the adjustable warmth. I can add or subtract layers of Climashield as needed. With one layer ( total quilt wt between 9 and 10 oz) I have been OK at about 46-49F wearing just cotton t-shirt and jeans. My son has been toasty with 3 total layers into the mid 20s once and other times in the 30s . About 18 oz total- the layers I add are ~ 3.7 oz each(of CS Combat? not sure), the fixed layer is probably only 2.5 oz of CS XP. I suspect these 3 layers would be adequate for significantly colder temps, but have not tested it. I have also been toasty at about 40 with 2 layers ( less than 14 oz total quilt wt), again sure it would go much lower. Plus I am able to shove a down vest under all layers, and that has to be a stout boost if you have one you are not sleeping in.

I still can not believe that no one manufactures something like this and that there would not be big demand for it. A 9 or 10 oz SYNTHETIC torso UQ good to about 45-50, then just add more layers for a total of 18-22 oz to go maybe below zero? And Climashild's ability (IMO) to shrug off water/condensation concerns. But bulky. Which is rarely a problem for me, I tend to use larger packs.

I also am quite impressed with my 900 FP JRB MW 3 convertible. I think it weighs about 13 or 14 oz in short mode, but it is still pretty long for a "torso" style. Much longer than my "Yeti". It goes down below my knees. Rated at 15, lots of loft. So, about the same wt as my synthetic Yeti is with 2 layers, but longer, more compressible and probably a good 10F warmer. For about 23 oz total weight, converts to FULL length. And for a major win, it has occurred to me that the long part will make a great TQ inside the PeaPod, while the short addition will add 3" of loft inside the pod under my back and butt! What a versatile set up!

But how is this JRB identical to my WB? Neither are available anymore. I think I purchased the very LAST Climashield UQ that WB made before switching to down after he had trouble getting CS. And I jumped on a good sale on the JRB when I saw they were being discontinued. So every thing I just told you is useless info. Other than both brands are of extremely high quality.
    BB58,

Just an update...The JRB convertibles have gone the way of collector items but JRB has recently introduced the Greylock series of torso length UQ...52 x42, dual differential, radial baffles, 14 oz and intro sale priced at $149.95... http://www.jacksrbetter.com/Greylock.htm

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    Greylock 3 Hudson
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Bought a Greylock3 yesterday can't wait to try it out.

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I love my DIY 3/4 under quilts. I think it's the pride that keeps me extra toasty.

Fronkey

Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner76 View Post
    For winter, my 20 degree HG 3/4 and for wamer weather my Arrowhead Jarbridge 3/4
    that is the same 2 quilts i have ,my 20 degree phoenix has 2 oz over fillneo
    Last edited by neo; 06-24-2012 at 13:11.
    the matrix has you

Images
    My tewa zero degree wintercoat
    "Tenting is equivalent to a bum crawling into a cardboard box, hammocking is an art" KK

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123