hh asym.
    Tarp
    cooke custom
    Insulation
    exped, down bag.
    Suspension
    nylon straps.

tie up.

lets hear about your method, rings, biners, hh knot. i have a hh and i am looking for a simpler tie up method. thanks

Hammock
    DIY SL 1.9 Black
    Tarp
    OES Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Big Agnes IAC
    Suspension
    Whoopies or cinch
    I use Dutch Clips on my suspensions for the tree huggers, a SUPPER simple suspension method is either the all in one whoopie sling system or the cinch buckle set up. Dutch clips are a substitution for a biner and a biner is just an alternative to running the strap through the loop.

make sure your straps are not nylon and youll be A-OK for a long while with suspensions
    Every time I hang in a tree I get a coconut to the head.....stupid coconuts

Hammock
    DIY(s)
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    HG
    Hi solo. I think I have seen you over on BWCA.com. Are you looking for the dead simplest solution, or are you looking more broadly for something that is easier to adjust?

Webbing and rings/buckles is extremely simple to use. You get a quite good range of adjustability. If you are primarily paddling, then weight may be less of a concern for you. I say this because the webbing runs a little heavier than some other options.

Whoopie slings and the Marlin spike hitch are touchier. Add a pair of Dtuch buckles and the connection point is much easier.

Generally speaking, whatever you do, choose polyester webbing over nylon. Nylon will stretch if you spend any length of time in the hammock making your hang a low to the ground experience in the middle of the night.

I may be mistaking you for a BWCA.com member, but if you are looking to try some whoopie slings or other set ups and can make it to spring wingnight, some of my suspension gear should be there in the raffle.

Hammock
    hh asym.
    Tarp
    cooke custom
    Insulation
    exped, down bag.
    Suspension
    nylon straps.

straps

thanks lymp, yes it is i. the straps that came with my hh are probably the real deal, as i have used it before on solo canoe trips, and they worked just fine.
    i was looking at biners with the eno straps, until i found the stretch threads on these straps. wife and i use a double eno for just lounging around camp, not sleeping all night in the eno.
    i was looking for a quicker, simpler tie up, maybe the whoopie slings, but the hh knot still is not that bad, plus it works.
    i will be going back to the hh in may for a solo.
    helps lighten the load and allows me to single portage. thanks

Hammock
    Hennessy UL Backpacker Asym
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    HH Supershelter
    Suspension
    MSH,Whoopie slings
    I use 1" webbing and a marlin spike hitch with whoopie slings. I usually use a trail stick as the spike. I like the simplicity and light weight. I'm more of a backpacker than paddler, but I've been thinking about it
    Keep close to Nature's heart... and break clear away, once in awhile, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean.
    - John Muir

• + New Posts