GT Nano 7
    Tarp
    GT Funky Forest
    Insulation
    GT Harrick Bag
    Suspension
    GT Tree Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyHiker View Post
    I had no issue with the review at all. It provided many details that I (and others) were looking for. Didn't contribute to this particular situation at all IMO.

I hold no grudge against GT as it seems their involvement in this is minimal. Really happy to see they would offer an early availability to members and consider Hammock Forums an influential force in the industry and community.

I have to say this is one of the best online communities I have ever had the pleasure of interacting with. The sense of comraderie experienced here makes it easy to understand why members (and the owners) can be a little protective at times. Welcome to that community.

Send me a sample and I'll be happy to provide *lots* of feedback to consider.
    I like Everything about this post! Thanks and I too am happy with the Forum and the family here. I can tell you guys stick together and are protective! But, only the Good Families do right! Thanks again for considerations!

-HK
    I'm a Tree Hugger of Sorts

-Herrick

"The Guy" who developed the Herrick Bag and w/ Help from "Grand Trunk Goods" brought it to reality for you to enjoy! Like I do.. Consider me a Partner of GT and A vendor of My idea, I can't deny it! But in the end I work for You the members! And dwell in a Mom and Pop Shop called Blue Sky Outfitters in Rome, GA.. Come see us if your ever in the Neigborhood!

Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hkroeger28 View Post
    How do you keep the weight down when your working with those dimensions? It DEFINITELY sounds super comfortable and Mansionesc... -Herrick
    Fabric weight & suspension is key. My hammock in stuff sack weighs 1.1lbs. and that includes the whoopie slings. I use down insulation too to keep pack weight down even more. You asked about tree straps earlier, I get mine from Paul at AHE.
    Hootenanny Hang June 11-13, 2021
    Love many, trust few & always paddle your own canoe. American Proverb

Adventure is Calling... nolilearn.org

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hkroeger28 View Post
    YEah, then we've shared the same space, but at different times! Crazy how physics work sometimes... haha

I'll confess that Dining Hall might be Haunted, at least it's pretty spooky when your mopping it at night all alone!
    Probably the ghost of my mis-spent youth! I used to mop those floors ( in the daytime ) and run that dishwasher ( HOT dishes came out of that thing!) which was still there a few years ago I think. A youthful indiscretion I confess to: thievery! There were walk in refrigerators/freezers on the far left of the kitchen as you walked in from the front entry side. Being teenagers, we were always hungry even though they fed us 3 squares, but no bedtime snacks. So once when working in the kitchen, I had placed some delicious left over pies in the walk in refrige. Then I unlocked a window. That night, I went out of a window in Friendship Hall ( during study hours "lockdown"), crossed the road to Hill Dining Hall, went in through the unlocked window, and filled some paper sacks with goodies. Got caught red handed coming back into the dorm by the Dean. Who asked me "What's in the bag?". I lied and said "my sack supper". (We would often miss supper when on the athletic teams, and they would have us sandwiches in sacks) Obviously my big old sack of goodies was not my sack supper. But for some reason he let me go, just telling me to get back in my room. I actually could have been in serious trouble not just for stealing the food, but for being out of my room. But he just looked the other way ( not the norm ) God bless him, and in a little while me and some of my buddies were enjoying an unauthorized feast! MMMMMM, good chess pie! So Hill hall is probably haunted from the sheer evil it witnessed from events like that over the years!

But, not much has changed! The Dairy is Gone now, believe it or not.. they turned it into a Couples Counseling retreat center!

OHHHH, BIG NEWS! Martha is Rolling in her Grave, BERRY is adding FOOTBALL to their sports programs. How bout that for No Contact Sports!

what are your thoughts on that!?

-HK
    Yep, I knew about the Dairy and I think all the other farms I worked at ( Hog, chicken), gone since Chik-Filet took the place over when they closed the high school. At least they have maintained most of the buildings so far. And I knew about the foot ball. Forbidden when I was there, so a big change!

You know what I would like to do? Stealth hammock camp on Berry campus, maybe up near the House of Dreams on Lavender Mountain! Have you ever done that? Could use a GT pod system!

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    You know what I would like to do? Stealth hammock camp on Berry campus, maybe up near the House of Dreams on Lavender Mountain! Have you ever done that? Could use a GT pod system!
    Nice segue back to hammocking.

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrick View Post
    Nice segway back to hammocking.
    Thanks, I thought so too ( and thought I had better segway), since I had been engaging in major thread drift!

Hammock
    GT Nano 7
    Tarp
    GT Funky Forest
    Insulation
    GT Harrick Bag
    Suspension
    GT Tree Slings
    I would totally be game for some Stealth Berry Hammock camping.. They have some awesome back trails for Biking and Hiking and the Reservoir or the House of Dreams.. If you like rock climbing, i know a good spot for Hammocking by a Hidden Bouldering wall on the left side of the Reservoir. And I have a bag you can use and review if need And some disc for some disc golf too. haha

That is one of the appeals of the N. GA area to me. I guess why I am still here. So much to do if your into Nature and adventure. Well that and the White Water all around me. Kayaking is actually what got me into Hammock camping! Only real thing that would fit into my Kayak with enough room for all the other stuff you need for an overnight run. Inevitably, the best stuff runs in winter, so I had to adapt a bag to make it hammock compatible, and synthetic in case I got wet I would still be relatively warm. yada yada.. That became my go to system because when I put it together in a pack with a rainfly and a Sea-To-Summit Evac Compression Dry Bag it was a no brainer... I could sprint up a mountain

What got you interested BillyBob58!? Into the Hammock camping?
    I'm a Tree Hugger of Sorts

-Herrick

"The Guy" who developed the Herrick Bag and w/ Help from "Grand Trunk Goods" brought it to reality for you to enjoy! Like I do.. Consider me a Partner of GT and A vendor of My idea, I can't deny it! But in the end I work for You the members! And dwell in a Mom and Pop Shop called Blue Sky Outfitters in Rome, GA.. Come see us if your ever in the Neigborhood!

Hammock
    ENO DoubleNest
    Tarp
    HH Hex / Noah 9
    Suspension
    Strap/buckle/rings
    Images

Grand Trunk Hammock Sleeping Bag- $179.99

Yahoo had an article about it today.
    Price is listed as $179.99
    and they won't be shipping until after 15 May 2012.
    http://store.grandtrunkgoods.com/hammocks/sleeping-bag
    DKPerdue

Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
    Ronald Reagan, President of the United States

• + New Posts
  • Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011