Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Enjoyed the video, Mac. Boy, Thing1 really "hangs" with you on your extreme adventures! What grade is she in? Must be pretty tough to do all of that, despite her gentle appearance!
    She's in 8th grade. She loads her own Molly Mac Pack, hangs her own hammock and loves to make fire. She also chews nails and spits rust...

Man, that is what happened to one of my friends on his first- and last- hammock outing with me. He was able to stay warm in the PeaPod ( and really not much else) when he closed it all the way, but then he would start going crazy and have to open it, and get cold. Turns out he was quite claustrophobic.
    I have a solution in the works. I think you will like it!

So you were warm at, what- minus 19? With a PeaPod plus Speer top blanket below and above and I suppose plenty of warm clothing? Anything else, MMG sock? Any pads?
    Bite yer tongue! I've never used a pad in a hammock! We didn't have any socks for ourselves, because I've only had time to make them for others. So, yes, that was all I had. After a couple of hours, my feet got chilly, and I was about to stuff my wool poncho down there, when we decided to bail. Otherwise, I was warm. Next time, I will have a MMG Hamarak canvas sock and a kid's sleeping bag or my Wiggy's poncho liner for my legs and feet.
    - MacEntyre
    "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Ben Franklin
    www.MollyMacGear.com

Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by beep View Post
    Mac, I know it's a multi-day trek to get up here from NC, but we love having you visit. Y'all come on back soon, ya hear?
    Ah reckon we might jus' do that! Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by lonetracker View Post
    thanks for the vid Mac it was good to see you again,and a pleasure to meet Thing1 as well.
    Bill
    Thank you, Bill! Hope your drive home was forgetable...
    Quote Originally Posted by Skygzr View Post
    Mac
    it was a pleasure to meet you and thing1. you should be very proud, you have a great child and I hope you continue to enjoy great adventures together.
    Thank you! I was as amazed as everyone else at her ability to carve, and that was her first attempt! Thing1 and I are headed to Roan High Knob in February. She won't make it to the Gorge, because that is the week they are doing end of grade and end of course testing at school. My son will be with me then.

Thanks for all the kind words, folks, including those that I have not been able to respond directly to. We really enjoyed spending time west of the St Croix river!

- MacEntyre
    - MacEntyre
    "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Ben Franklin
    www.MollyMacGear.com

Senior Member carolinasbackpacker's Avatar
    Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    Hammock gear
    Suspension
    dutch hook mostly
    Looks like a great time but I think I'll stick to my south east winters (or non-winter this year)
    Show of Life Media Youtube Channel

The Carolinas Backpackpacker Chronicles

I'm drawn to the open country. Its where the world makes the most sense. When I put myself out there I always return with something new.

Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    WEB
    Images

MN Winter Hang

There is a spoon carving book that will be out next month that has very good reviews. I have an extra warren set up plus a kevlar glove that could make up a kit that could be sent around to members that are interested in carving spoons. I will send it out to you as soon as the book comes out. I had a great time with a great group of hangers. Thank you.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl xlc
    Tarp
    HG cuben
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch bkls
    Wow, Thing1 is a natural with carving tools! She showed no fear at all, just when right at it.

David

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    HG4seasonCFw/doors
    Insulation
    Hammock gear UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I can tell that you are Thing1's biggest fan. She's a real trouper! Nice to see that young people out there still carving, camping, and having fun out doors.

Way To Go Thing1!
    Jose Diaz

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234