I'm really talking full-time indoor hanging here. I'm certainly tempted to do it, but I'll have to sort out attachment points (the bedroom is organised very poorly for hanging hammocks), and I still have to convince my wife... I think I'll start by making hammocks for our boys and then if all goes according to plan, they'll eventually sleep better and the wife will warm to the idea. Wish me luck on that one!

In the meantime, what do you guys and girls use indoors at home? I'm thinking of a DIY Knotty style gathered end hammock with the shock cord in the sides, but I'm still not sure whether to go Knotty style (with the shock cord near the foot on both sides) or Wilderness Logics style (with the shock cord near the head and near the foot, diagonally opposite). Is that a good hammock for home use?

What fabric is best for an indoor, home, every night hammock? Weight obviously won't be an issue (I've got the WBBB 1.1dbl for hiking).

Will I need a ridge line, or should I try to figure out the suspension so that I can get it right without the need for it (if so, how does one figure that out before drilling into the walls or building a frame - I'd need to know first I guess).

Do you find you need an under quilt of some sort, or is the inside of the house usually temperate enough that a blanket or quilt on the top would suffice? It would rarely get below 60F in my house, and I'm a warm sleeper, so I think I'll be fine, but do you think I'll need to consider it for my wife and kids?

I'm not planning on using bug netting, even though there are often some pesky insects that get inside during the summer (including some of my bees!). They don't bother me enough to justify bug netting for an indoor hang.

Is there anything else I haven't thought of? I don't have the cash to do anything but DIY on this one, at least for now, but I figure that will get me there, since I've got a thread injector and I'm not afraid to use it.

OK that's enough from me for now. Any words of wisdom?