Tarp
    DIY In Progress
    Insulation
    None at the moment
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images

question on Clark 150/250

Hey question for all Clark 150/250 owners.

I am about to buy a new hammock and cant stop drolling over the nx 250 but have also considered the WBBB (which is alot less money wise)

I really like the features on the NX250 but lil afraid the pull the trigger on it basically due to cost.

So my question is this. Is the clark 250/150 really that awesome of a hammock compared to WBBB (to those that tried both) and does anyone have any extra insight to buying the Clark over teh WBBB?

Thanks much
    Zippo

Edit: Yes i do plan on using it for 4 season hiking camping/trips.

I like my Clark's much better than my WBBB.

Hammock
    Clark nx250
    Suspension
    SlapStrap & Whoopi
    I have not used a wbbb, but I love my 250. Having an all in one system, where everything just works is great. And the quality of craftsmanship is excellent.

Also, the pockets gig it some versatility in Tim's of top, before you have to worry about under quilts. I was comfortable down to the high sixties ith just th hammock and gear stuffed into pockets, and at those temps many others are moving to quilts already.

Hammock
    Clark NX 250
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Dutch
    I agree, nver slept in a WBBB but love my 250.
    Love them pockets!
    yakass.net

Hammock
    TX250, NX200, WBBB
    Tarp
    WBSF, Edge, Vertex
    Insulation
    Incu-Burrow!
    Suspension
    Camo w/Dutch Bling
    Images
    I have a WBBB and the Clark NX-200. I like the comfort level in both. I think it's easier to set up a UQ on the CJH and I like the built in weather shield. You can also unzip the shield and bugnet and go completely topless. You also don't need a UQ down to around 50*F.

On the other hand, my WBBB with an Edge Tarp and 3 Season UQ weighs a lot less than the CJH. I also like the shelf.

You can't go wrong with either IMHO.
    My YouTube channel: Tool Dude Tony
    "No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Bonzai

Hammock
    Clark nx250
    Suspension
    SlapStrap & Whoopi
    Ya, ditto on the weathershield.

I would say the only downside to the clark is the size and weight. In a super hot summer day, I look at some of the other hammocks and am jealous about how small they are when you dont need any of the extras.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner DL
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Klymit Pad/EE TQ
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    I don't own either, but have tried both. The WBBB is no longer on my want list. I just could not get comfortable in it. The siren song of the Clark still calls to me.
    Each has their good features. The shelf and foot box on the BB are plusses. On the Clark, the weathersheild, the pockets, the bug screen that can be tucked away, and now the 'hoops', are all great features.
    After trying them both, I no longer agonize over the merits and shortcomings of each. For me, the Clark has won that argument. Now I just wait for the day that I finally say that the cost and the weight are something I can live with and hit the 'send' button on the Clark website.

Hammock
    WBB
    Tarp
    Superfly w/doors
    Insulation
    Flamethrower UQ
    I own both, (well WBB 1.1 double and TX-150). First I would suggest the TX 150 over the NX as it vents better and the pockets are set up to where you can still use them in conjunction with a 3/4 underquilt and save a little weight / still use the pockets to keep you warm.

Which one is better? I bought the TX as a winter hammock and to use as a spare when my significant other takes the black bird. In that respect the TX wins, the weather shield is awesome and I love the pockets for staying organized. However, if I could only buy one I would go with the WBB. Why?- It weighs a pound less than the TX, and I'm a UL hiker (base weight b/t 8 and 11 pounds depending on weather and whatnot). I believe it is slightly more comfortable and while for storage overall the clark wins the WBB shelf provides much better internal storage than whats in the clark. Also, while using a pad isn't ideal in a hammock, the double layer makes it much easier to use the pad as insulation, which I carry anyway to use as a frame for my ULA CDT Pack. When you add up all the little pro's and cons the weight penalty on the clark does decrease (example- using weather shield and regular tarp vs using superfly with blackbird, also using 3/4 underquilt + pockets with clark over full length quilt with black bird), however if you plan on doing any serious mileage or long distance hikes in anything other than winter I would go with the WBB, that extra pound saved allows me to either go lighter or carry my Monarch Butterfly Chair and be roughly the same weight.

Full disclosure: I live in GA and hike mostly here an in TN so it doesn't get super cold here for very long.
    Hope this helps

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    They're just not comparable in how they lay and set up. I think it is the bed material / weight that gives them a unique feel. But, one would have to know the feel of the WBBB 1.7dbl to know that.
    Clark too expensive? Why the biggest bed (NX-250)? Will you use all the pockets? On cost: have you onsidered that the WBBB, due to length, may imply a larger and therefore more expensive rain fly?

That said, so many satisfied WBBB owners can't all be wrong. And the WBBB is a safe buy, with smaller spread between new and resale prices, guaranteeing an inexpensive buy-to-try.

• + New Posts