Dutchware

NJ Winter Hang Trip Report

The NJ Winter Hang

In the Piney Woods

In a State Far,Far Away

There were a group of hangers.....

Wait.... Really LOL ....

Ok lets see if i can put this great weekend into words for all to enjoy
    well lets just say there was no short of fun .... always fun to hang with like minded Hangers .. we had all kind of different setups of all sizes and hangers of all types from car campers to backpacker to Die Hard Gear heads it's always a joy to see other setups up close in person you learn so much at a hang.. no matter if your a Noob or a Vet to hanging Friday night Fun by the fine was great lots of great conversation to go around along with tips and tricks of the trade.
    I'm not sure on the temps of Friday night but i would say they were in the 30's everyone had a great night even Bill... (DuDe !!!) HAHAHAHAH
    Sat. started out with Coffee and meeting new faces over breakfast some members went out on day hikes some on Mnt Bikes and some stuck around camp playing with gear and making new friends or cooked ... the Smell of Bacon filled the air as it smoked to sweet goodness for hours .
    everyone that made food did a fantastic job and my hats goes off to them
    as everyone returned from there side trips we got a special treat from Steve who modeled in his HOT riding pants that started 2 Members to act like they were German ... LOL
    I'm By the TREE!!!! .... HELP ME LOL...(inside Joke ) ask JerzyBears LOL
    i was telling others about my Long lost Brother i found at the Hang ... well he is really not my Brother by we hit it off pretty good and i found a new Friend for sure AKA silentorpheus LOL Nothing but Love Franz LOL YA!!!
    Sat night temp was 22F ... i was toasty warm all weekend
    anyway Dinner went off without a hitch all the food was great and we had the raffle that was a blast ... well after all that it was party time and we rocked the Pine Barrens till the wee morning hours... well some of us did
    we also found out that a Subaru CAN NOT swim ... i hope they post the Video on Youtube it was SOOOO funny
    anyway woke up Sun morning packed up and said my Goodbye And made my way back to good old Skook

if anyone who didn't make it you missed out on the best NJ winter Hang yet
    daytime temps were in the 50's i think .... Can't wait for next year
    i'll try to get this short video up soon... but don't hold me to it i'm lazy when it comes to editing video HAHAHAH anyone with Pics of the hang feel free to post links here
    Last edited by G.L.P.; 01-29-2012 at 20:34.
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

Hammock
    DIY Wbbb Clone
    Tarp
    12x10 Cat cut DIY
    Suspension
    Ring Buckles
    Images
    Much fun was had by all.

Good food, good friends, old and new. Overall a great trip.

I had a full post written up but accidentally closed my browser and lost it all. I'll write up a full post tomorrow as I need to head to bed.
    Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time. ~Steven Wright

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7SL & Traveler 1.1SL
    Tarp
    HG Hex & Superfly
    Insulation
    HammockGear.com
    Suspension
    Whoopie/UCR
    I really tried to make this hang. But was unable. do to family plans. Glad to see everyone had a great time. Hopefully next time.

Hammock
    DIY Wbbb Clone
    Tarp
    12x10 Cat cut DIY
    Suspension
    Ring Buckles
    Images
    OK, lets try this full report again now that 1. I've got some sleep and 2. I know not to close the browser on myself.

I arrived at camp around 4 on Friday. I want to thank all those that helped Stick setup the main camp area. Once I got all the hammocks setup (mine and my 2 boys) I headed over to the fire to meet some of the first timers and say hi to those that have been there before. Friday night was spent around the fire telling stories and catching up with everyone. I closed the fire out around 2AM(I think, I didn't carry a watch) when everyone decided it was time to head to bed.

I want to thank my Friend Joe for making breakfast for the early risers Saturday. Also Maple for her muffins. Yum, yum and more yum.

My Saturday day consisted of me hanging around camp as I was slow cooking 3 Bacon bombs for dinner. I made Lazy River Road a special one made of Venison and Turkey bacon. Dinner was wonderful again this year. Thank you to all who brought and made food. It was all very yummy.

After dinner we announced that Stick won the 2ND Annual Winter Hang Coup de grâce de grub: The Bacon Year.

Then we had the raffle. With Jhunt87 being the big winner of the night.

I would like to point out that this year I didn't fall asleep around the fire after all the festivities were finished. I retired around 2 again but I hear people were out there until 4 AM-ish.

Sunday is always the hardest as people are packing up and leaving. Me Stick and Stalker packed up our stuff. Policed the grounds and picked up some trash(not left by our group) to make it cleaner than when we got there.

Being the organizer, I want to say it was a success, but I want to hear more from those that attended.

We had 37 people total over the weekend. 36 at dinner/raffle/fire Saturday night. SweetBabyD, the Puffy section missed you Saturday night.

I was smart this year, I took Monday off so I can relax as it felt like I was always doing something over the weekend. I wouldn't trade it for anything though. Love the group that come invade the NJ Pine Barrons.

Hammock
    DIY Wbbb Clone
    Tarp
    12x10 Cat cut DIY
    Suspension
    Ring Buckles
    Images
    Oh, almost forgot. Next year we will be splitting the 3rd Annual Winter Hang Coup de grâce de grub contest up. The categories will be Entrée, Side and Dessert. There will still be an overall winner. It will be up to the cook to decide where it belongs. There will be 3 sign up sheets and you will be assigned a number (Ex-S1,E2,D5) and we will have place cards to put your number on and have by your dish.

Everyone will get one vote per categories and one vote for overall.

Maybe this year we will get actual trophies made.

Hammock
    warbonnet BB 1.1 single layer
    Tarp
    Zpacks cuben fiber
    Insulation
    cottage down
    Suspension
    whoopie, Flyz, CRL

sublime winter hang

kind and harmonious vibes. love my hammock friends! hammockers are the gentlest group on the forums. old and new friends - Maple thanks for hanging out with me. nice walk in the Pine Barrens. easy conversations by the fire... most cherished friends, i would travel hours to see all you. (you know who you are!) missed the "Puffies" but there in spirit! thank you for your gracious company. i am a lucky lucky person to know such fabulous people.

some pics, got some schmutz on the lens at the end, so sorry...see you in the spring

xoxo
    sbd

http://s489.photobucket.com/albums/r...Winter%20hang/
    who learns will love and not destroy
    the creature's life, the flower's joy

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetbabyd View Post
    kind and harmonious vibes. love my hammock friends! hammockers are the gentlest group on the forums. old and new friends - Maple thanks for hanging out with me. nice walk in the Pine Barrens. easy conversations by the fire... most cherished friends, i would travel hours to see all you. (you know who you are!) missed the "Puffies" but there in spirit! thank you for your gracious company. i am a lucky lucky person to know such fabulous people.

some pics, got some schmutz on the lens at the end, so sorry...see you in the spring

xoxo
    sbd

http://s489.photobucket.com/albums/r...Winter%20hang/
    All those nice pics of our hike and not a single pic of the tremendous puddles we had to circumnavigate! No prob - Kayak Karl has all the puddle footage in his trip report!

Great seeing you again, sbd. Till we hike again!

Hammock
    warbonnet BB 1.1 single layer
    Tarp
    Zpacks cuben fiber
    Insulation
    cottage down
    Suspension
    whoopie, Flyz, CRL
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    All those nice pics of our hike and not a single pic of the tremendous puddles we had to circumnavigate! No prob - Kayak Karl has all the puddle footage in his trip report!

Great seeing you again, sbd. Till we hike again!
    Great to see you silversurfer! Don't get any trimmer, you'll have to replace your wardrobe Karl took a lot of pics of the lagoons! Anyone have news of the non-submersible
    Subaru? Knotty and AB had them - can't imagine they would take part in such shenanigans, but the Pineys do strange things to folks ...
    who learns will love and not destroy
    the creature's life, the flower's joy

Hammock
    DIY bridge hammock
    Tarp
    OES/WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    WB Straps
    Images
    Looks like everyone had a great time, sorry to have missed gathering with some friends. Thanks so much for the report!
    Syb
    Enjoy the elevation

Hammock
    1.1 Blackbird or Traveler SL
    Tarp
    OES Deluxe Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti - all seasons
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Images
    **** shame I missed out. Worked till 530pm that Saturday. No way I would have made it out and enjoyed myself and drove back 8 hours later.
    "If you give a monkey a gun and he shoots someone, you dont blame the monkey"

The end of the world is not coming in December, it is happening now in my living room. - TFC Rick

http://watermonkey.net/

Youtube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RaulPerez1?feature=mhee

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast