Clark NX-150
    Tarp
    Vertex 10 X 10
    Insulation
    50*F Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

NX-150 or TX-150

Before I spend all this money, I want to know from people who had the chance to test either of these out. I'm looking for a hammock that will work best for Autumn and Spring, not planning on using it in weather below 32f or above 70f. So my question is on the NX-150 would it be too warm for my temperature range or would the TX-150 sleep to cold. I'm going with a over quilt rated to 40f and base layer of cloths. If I got the NX I'm afraid I'd get stuck with something to warm and if I get the TX I'm afraid I'll have to increase weight with an under quilt. Price doesn't matter, either way I'm going to end up paying the same amount, any advice would be much appreciated.

Hammock
    Clark nx250
    Suspension
    SlapStrap & Whoopi
    I've used my nx in th summer and not been too hot, especially if you can take off your topquilt or strip down. The tx would purely be a function of your UQ.

I think the nx is slightly more versatile, as it can go cooler without accessories, and still be ok in reasonable heat.

Tx is lighter and smaller when you don't need the quilt

Hammock
    Warbonett BB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    BWDD Winter Dream2
    Insulation
    Winter Crowsnest
    Suspension
    whoopieslings.com
    I'm a bit of a cold sleeper, and only have the NX, but in the temperature range you mention, I'd go with the NX. If you were going to use it through the summer months, then I'd say go with the TX. With the weathershield pulled back, the NX ventilates very well. And I'd really think you'd benefit from the NX on those 32 degree nights.

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    For lurkers unfamiliar with Clark models:

You've already decided you want to go with the Clark with the hoops, right?
    The question,you think, is whether to have 6 fabric pockets doubling the bottom beneath you, or just a 4 pockets, a little smaller at the foot and head end. But, it is also whether to get the weathershield, which is a $40 option on the TX and Tropical models.

If you buy the TX, get the weathershield. Yes, 8 oz, and a worthwhile bargain, even if it is not removable.

I'd have a stronger opinion of the value of the NX pockets if I had the experience, say from a week or more out in a base camp, of using them to sort stuff. They do look cool. I can tell you that the act of stuffing six pockets with pads for insulation is not so attractive in comparison to pullling a down UQ from a stuff sack, shaking it out, and clipping it on front and rear. Which is what I do more often with a Tropical (with weathershield) down, so far to 10F sometimes and to 20F regularly and by choice.

Hammock
    Clark NX-150
    Tarp
    Vertex 10 X 10
    Insulation
    50*F Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Thanks guys, I think I'm going with the NX-150 with the Vertex 10x10 fly for a grand weight of 3lb 15oz. That'll put my base weight (w/o food and water) at 15lb 15oz

How are the poles on the Clark, would I get any benefit by swapping them out for carbon-fiber?

Hammock
    Clark nx250
    Suspension
    SlapStrap & Whoopi
    You might be able to save an ounce or something, but they are light and small already. Unfortunately they do not fit into the built in stuff sack (although some people to pull the velcro flap over them).

I put them into a tent stake bag attached to my backpack.

Fortunately, you can tie up the "tent" if you are missing the stakes, or use a long twig or something in a pinch.

I' would say they are not worth swapping out, unless you can find something 1/2 as long or shorter for each pole section, which would make them easier to pack away. (but might have impact on flexibility)

Hammock
    Clark NX-150
    Tarp
    Vertex 10 X 10
    Insulation
    50*F Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Just ordered my NX-150, have to say they are really fast. Got my email that it was in the mail and on its way 30 mins after I ordered it. Now for 3-4 days of waiting!

Hammock
    Clark NX-200 w/ ridgeline & NX-250
    Tarp
    Clark XL (x2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridgelon View Post
    Just ordered my NX-150, have to say they are really fast. Got my email that it was in the mail and on its way 30 mins after I ordered it. Now for 3-4 days of waiting!
    How did it work out?

• + New Posts