Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    That is wonderful customer service! Hats off to HammockGear!

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    Maccat Deluxe
    Insulation
    40* TQ, 20* Zeppli
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcrow View Post
    SoCalBB -

Did we miss your email? Please accept our apologies. We have no idea how a perfume smell could have gotten on the quilt. We do not wear perfume and do not understand how this could have happened. Perhaps our assistant who was shipping the quilts might have had something to do with it? We will check with her tomorrow.
    If you are otherwise happy with the dimensions, please send it back on our on our dime, we'll send another one right away and personally see it all the way out the door. Again, our apologies.
    When its time to buy my quilt this is what i'll be thinking about. You've won over a customer.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    Live for today, Prep for tomorrow.
    Pack and Paddle Events Page
    SBJ Outdoor Concepts

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bloomgorge View Post
    put it in the drier with a bounce sheet and something slightly heavy like a small clean shoe so the quilt just doesn't spin to the edges. run it on medium to low heat.
    No, don't. Whatever perfumes or fabric softeners in the fabric sheet are not welcome in down. And the heat isn't needed, especially not if the dryer should stop with a hot part of it in contact with the fabric. Ouch

Hang it outside. Ask someone without allergies to compress it completely, maybe in a bag, then shake it out to refill with air; and repeat a couple of times to enhance air exchange. Then rehang outside.

I admire customer service, but not imposing costs that are needless until self-help proves insufficient.

BTW. Lots of gear changes hands here, often supposedly barely used. But this nose knows. Not usually body odor; usually a perfume transferred from laundry detergent to clothes, anti-perspirant, or hair soap. Even detergents that are sold as scent-free and hypo-allergenic are not all scent-free even after two rinses with serious centrifuging extraction at each stage.

haha isnt there a old joke about "so i took her to NJ and kissed her" ?

Well, ran it though the dryer with a sheet(a perfume and scent free one--plus just used air-- no heat) and it didnt really help much.. Can i wash the tq? Maybe between washing it and then letting it sit out for a few days--- that will help..

I wasnt coming on here to ruffle any feathers-- i love hammockgear and am 100000% positive i got the right gear.. I was just seeing if you guys had any thoughts on ways to remove the scents.. Im allergic to perfume is all..

The funny part is-- the uq i got-- has no scent in it at all.. It smells fine... I even asked the mrs to give everything the sniff test--- UQ-- great.. TQ-- perfume city lol.. Again-- if i wasnt so allergic to perfumes and scents-- this probably wouldn't be that big of a deal..
    Last edited by SoCalBB; 02-05-2012 at 16:58.

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    Several days of exposure to fresh air, as well as forced breathing --compression followed by fluffing once in a while may do wonders over several days. There was at most a short exposure, not the smoke reek of a campfire I was gifted with as an unexpected extra on a "used one weekend" Clark NX-250.

Several hours of Santa Barbara sunshine will also help. Yeah, there's UV, but the quilt will last 37 years instead of 37 years 1 month as a result.

Fresh air: Good for you. Good for your gear.

Hammock
    eno DN(Daily)Hennessy Asym Zip
    Tarp
    Cuben DIYw/beak
    Insulation
    15*Bag/20*Pheonix
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    SoCalBB -

Did we miss your email? Please accept our apologies. We have no idea how a perfume smell could have gotten on the quilt. We do not wear perfume and do not understand how this could have happened. Perhaps our assistant who was shipping the quilts might have had something to do with it? We will check with her tomorrow.
    If you are otherwise happy with the dimensions, please send it back on our on our dime, we'll send another one right away and personally see it all the way out the door. Again, our apologies.
    WOW Amazing service! I’m so glad I ordered mine from you StormCrow! (Ya know, the 20* Pheonix…?)
    Always have a Plan B C D and E! - Arson

I 100% believe “Normal is Boring!"

Does Shug ever put out a bad video?

"Man up and get back up to the top of the food chain Mr. Omnivore. That McDonalds didn't grow out of a Avacodo bush.” - MrClean417

"The trick to living and learning is actually living." - Cannibal

"He who would travel happily must travel light."
    - Antonine Marie Roger de Saint-Exupery

"Backpacking is the art of knowing what not to take."
    - Sheridan Anderson

Hammock
    RidgeRunner/DoubleNest/DIY Gathered
    Tarp
    Cloudburst/Noah's
    Insulation
    DIY Down TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies/Tog
    SoCalBB -

I'm currently saving my pennies for my first underquilt, and this is why my money will go to Stormcrow! Unmatched quality and integrity! In the countless hours I have spent reading posts on this forum, I have yet to find a person who would disagree.

20 Degree Incubator: $239.00
    Down Pillow: $30.00
    Hammock Gear Quality and Customer Service: PRICELESS!
    "God, grant me the serenity to accept the places I cannot hang,
    Courage to hang in the places I can, (but probably shouldn’t)
    And wisdom to know the difference."

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"

Hammock
    Jacks-R-better bridge
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear
    Insulation
    JRB Top & Bottom
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    You could also try lightly misting it with Febreze. That stuff will take odors out of gym bags and smelly athletic gear.

Another alternative would be to buy some spray Scent Killer used by hunters to mask their scent. They may even make dryer sheets that are Scent Killer impregnated.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps
    Insulation
    Leigh's UQ's
    Images
    I think he is just telling his wife the perfume came on the quilt

Hammock
    Lite Owl, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by rbinhood View Post
    You could also try lightly misting it with Febreze. That stuff will take odors out of gym bags and smelly athletic gear.

Another alternative would be to buy some spray Scent Killer used by hunters to mask their scent. They may even make dryer sheets that are Scent Killer impregnated.
    Febreze doesn't remove odors, it just masks them like a perfume. There is a product that is pretty effective at neutralizing odors called Atmosklear. You can get it at Ace Hardware stores. I've used it and it works. It smells a little bit like chlorine at first but wears off quickly leaving no noticeable odors. It's safe on fabrics too.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast