Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 26 of 26
  1. #21
    Member Ebola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lancaster, OH
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl
    Tarp
    HG cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator 20
    Posts
    60
    Just read Dutch's thru hike, I could not stop reading it. I laughed out loud routinely. The rant about New England yuppies... Barking Spiders with the eco-system sustained with methane... I love it! Didn't know Shug had a thru hike log, I'm gonna search for his next. My wife thinks I'm crazy reading all that stuff.

    Ok, I can't find Shug's thru hike. Could someone throw me a link? Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Ebola; 03-01-2012 at 15:49.

  2. #22
    2new2hang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Hammock
    BIAS Weight Weenie / Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Smokehouse
    Insulation
    Speer Snugfit
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
    OK...this is getting a little weird now. My wife and I are planning to hike Camino De Santiago in Spain beginning this Sept. I think it will be a fascinating hike through the rural countryside and towns of northern Spain. We're really looking forward to it.

    Miguel
    You're right, that is a bit strange. Stranger still, I was watching a video of the AT, my wife watched about 5 minutes worth and said "No way, not me.", then 10 minutes later she's sitting with me watching a video about walking the Camino, and says "Hey! Now that's what I'm talking about! I'll go on that one!". So now I seem to have my butt caught in a wringer. Send her on her way to Spain, and I go to Georgia, or we both do the Camino first?
    2new2hang

    ____________________________________________

    I know not how to aid you, save in the assurance of one of mature age, and much severe experience, that you can not fail, if you resolutely determine, that you will not.

    Abraham Lincoln
    --July 22, 1860

  3. #23
    2new2hang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Hammock
    BIAS Weight Weenie / Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Smokehouse
    Insulation
    Speer Snugfit
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by jons4real View Post
    Two isles just started her hike thru yesterday i believe. She will be hanging the entire trip
    I hope she keeps us all informed. I'm really looking forward to what she has to say.
    Anyone know where I can find Dutch's thru info? I was also unaware that Shug did a thru.
    2new2hang

    ____________________________________________

    I know not how to aid you, save in the assurance of one of mature age, and much severe experience, that you can not fail, if you resolutely determine, that you will not.

    Abraham Lincoln
    --July 22, 1860

  4. #24
    Dutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Reinholds, PA
    Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Posts
    6,725
    Images
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by 2new2hang View Post
    I hope she keeps us all informed. I'm really looking forward to what she has to say.
    Anyone know where I can find Dutch's thru info? I was also unaware that Shug did a thru.
    http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=29133
    Or if you stand beside me for 5 minutes I'll just start talking about it.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003


    http://dutchwaregear.com
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

  5. #25
    all secure in sector 7 Shug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Hammock
    DIY GreenBeanHammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    15,744
    Images
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebola View Post
    Just read Dutch's thru hike, I could not stop reading it. I laughed out loud routinely. The rant about New England yuppies... Barking Spiders with the eco-system sustained with methane... I love it! Didn't know Shug had a thru hike log, I'm gonna search for his next. My wife thinks I'm crazy reading all that stuff.

    Ok, I can't find Shug's thru hike. Could someone throw me a link? Thanks in advance!
    I have never thru hiked the AT. Plus....I would video and not blog so you could enjoy my visage......
    Shug of No-Thru
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Good in the Backwood Hood.

    Shug's YouTube Videos

  6. #26
    Administrator Yukon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cambridge, NY
    Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.1
    Tarp
    Superfly, OES, HG
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Stock
    Posts
    3,001
    Images
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Or if you stand beside me for 5 minutes I'll just start talking about it.
    This made me

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •