Hammock
    HHBP or Expr summer, diyMutts other
    Tarp
    HH Explr or HH Hex
    Insulation
    IXUQ+NeoAr
    Suspension
    Rings+Static line
    We sometimes carry a small Weather Radio --- some broadcast alarm when a weather event is predicted.
    "There's no accounting for other people's taste in love, fiction and huntin' dogs." ---Mark Twain

Hammock
    DIY Speer style
    Tarp
    Hallelujah
    Insulation
    "Sto" Serape & RRG
    Images
    I have spent an infinite number of weeks at scout camps as a youth and as an adult.

I wanted to cry when I read the stories today. The later stories talked of scout heros helping others afterwards, but my heart was with the parents of the ones lost............ I cannot imagine the pain.

Hammock
    SLD TreeRunner, DD FL
    Tarp
    WB Super Fly
    Insulation
    DD UQ HG Econ TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

tragic

We watched with great sadness the reports of the tragedy at the Scout Camp in Iowa.

Our 13 year old son is at a Y camp in the middle of Kansas now with storms going through and tornado warning. My wife is very worried and called the camp. Fortunately they have some storm shelters and they called later after the all clear. Weather .com still shows the area going through strong storms.

I too worry and cannot fathom the pain the parents who lost their sons are experiencing. I really cannot wait to go pick him up Saturday and hug him.

pax,
    ron
    Campcrafter

I'd rather be in the mountains thinking about God, than in church thinking about the mountains.
    - John Muir

Little Sioux camp

Living near Omaha it has dominated our TV news. Lots of heroism shown by those boys who were there for a leadership training camp. They were obviously the cream of a great organization. About 100 of them plus cadre Injured seem to be recovering well. The storms had been approaching for a few hours but tornadoes can drop in an instant. No real storm shelter there and now there is a memorial fund started to build one.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12