Thread: intro

Hammock
    DIY zhammock

intro

i figured that i might as well introduce myself. im relatively new to hammock camping, ive been at it for a little over a year now but with school taking up a lot of my time, not much of the year has been spent with real application and experience (mostly tests and not lengthy trips). I am a big fan of DIY creations and have played around with several. I spend a lot of time with Bulldog (who is also a member here) and we both celebrate our lack of cash in this way. right now I am using a DIY z-hammock and I really like it. i think i finally found the perfect length and width for me. i must say, forget the ground, a hammock is heaven! Anyway, i just figured id go ahead and put an intro out there.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    JRB 10X11, MacCat
    Insulation
    Snugfit, 2 JRBs
    Images
    Hi Red Giant...welcome to HF from another Marylander.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images
    Hey RedGiant,

Welcome! It would be great fun to have you at the MAHHA Hang in Sept! I think Bulldog came to last hang. We had a quick meet. Went by another name??? Ghost??

Anyway we love DIY people! Excellent to see what you all are making and for you to see what others have done. Hang is in MD! Very convenient!

HC
    Last edited by HappyCamper; 06-18-2008 at 10:32.

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    Welcome to Hammock Forums
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRedGiant View Post
    i figured that i might as well introduce myself. im relatively new to hammock camping, ive been at it for a little over a year now but with school taking up a lot of my time, not much of the year has been spent with real application and experience (mostly tests and not lengthy trips). I am a big fan of DIY creations and have played around with several. I spend a lot of time with Bulldog (who is also a member here) and we both celebrate our lack of cash in this way. right now I am using a DIY z-hammock and I really like it. i think i finally found the perfect length and width for me. i must say, forget the ground, a hammock is heaven! Anyway, i just figured id go ahead and put an intro out there.

Don't worry we won't hold that against you.

Are you the friend that I heard the story about where Bulldog fell behind and you guys got seperated? He ended up at a troubled teen bootcamp looking for you. If not ask him about that one, funny stuff.
    Is that too much to ask? Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads?
    The hanger formly known as "hammock engineer".

Hammock
    DIY zhammock
    Are you the friend that I heard the story about where Bulldog fell behind and you guys got seperated?

haha, nope, thats not me. that is a story about a guy that we call "always flat" because, as im sure that you heard in the story, the guy was supposed to stop at the top of the hill and wait for Bulldog to catch up. Bulldog told Always Flat that it was very clear where the top was, that there was no false summit, and that he would start descending not too long after he crested the hill. well, he proceeded to descend something like 500 vertical feet over a short distance and claims that he never felt like he was going downhill!! all in all it is a really funny story, especially hearing both of them tell it at the same time. maybe Bulldog would want to tell the whole thing sometime if anyone wants to hear it. We were recently at REI and saw an elastic dog leash with caribiners on each end that we fully intend on purchasing and taking with us next time we go out with Always Flat.

• + New Posts