Quote Originally Posted by Bruciehi5 View Post
Those Golites sound pretty good! I got my Inov8s from overseas too, I get most things from overseas, because the boots here are heavy, crap AND expensive! The lightweight part is SO important!
Yes, Took me a year to figure out the boots sold here are torture instruments, Heavy and expensive.
Lightweight is the way to travel on both feet and back. Some people just like to take so much weight here in Australia. The outdoors stores here don't cater for the lightweight hiker as such. They keep trying to flog of the heavy expensive gear to us and insist you need this for your hike and you need that for your hike. All weighing a ton.

The Golites are great for me. They stick to rock services like I'm welded to them. Went rock climbing a couple weeks back, and was totally impressed with how much grip they have. I have not tested them in the wet, I don't know what they would be like on wet rocks.

I'll be down your way soon, let me know if you want to meet up for a coffee somewhere. Or even better a hike.