Tarp
    None
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    None
    Images

SOLD: Hennessey supershelter #1

I am switching out the suspension on my Expedition and can't use the supershelter with it anymore so though I would sell it here to fund an UQ. I bought it used on here a couple of months ago and I have used it twice, both over night. It's in excellent condition and comes with the overcover. I would like to get $130 OBO shipped USPS in CONUS.
    Last edited by AmericasHammock; 02-20-2012 at 22:01.

Hammock
    None
    Tarp
    None
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    None
    Images
    nobody needs the full system?? This is the supershelter WITH the overcover!! Not even offers?? I need to get rid of it.

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe+2QZQ Mod #4
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/ 2QZQ OFS
    Insulation
    OWL 20* TQ/UQ's
    Suspension
    Whoopies+Biner
    I'm curious, if you don't mind my asking, what change did you make that prevents you from using the HHSS?

I swapped both mine and Weasel's HH's (Expedition and Explorer) to whoopie slings, but still able to use the HHSS on both.

What suspension did you go to and how does it prevent the use of the HHSS?

Hammock
    HH Expedition and Eno Double
    Tarp
    Hex
    Insulation
    Big Agnes
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I have the zip version of the HH Expedition, will you system work with this hammock? Thx

Images
    FWIW the SS#2 works fine on both my Explorer Ultralite Classic and Deep Jungle XL Zip.

Hammock
    None
    Tarp
    None
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    None
    Images
    Works perfect. I have the Expedition zip too, works better with a zip than bottom entry I think, but the undercover does have the bottom entry slot there as well. How are you guys hooking up the shelter with whoopies? I am curious to see the set up like that. I am just switching the stock ropes out for amsteel and going with adjustable webbing. I just figured without the hooks I wouldn't be able to hook the suspension of the shelter up properly.

Quote Originally Posted by dgwarchitect View Post
    I have the zip version of the HH Expedition, will you system work with this hammock? Thx

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericasHammock View Post
    Works perfect. I have the Expedition zip too, works better with a zip than bottom entry I think, but the undercover does have the bottom entry slot there as well. How are you guys hooking up the shelter with whoopies? I am curious to see the set up like that. I am just switching the stock ropes out for amsteel and going with adjustable webbing. I just figured without the hooks I wouldn't be able to hook the suspension of the shelter up properly.
    Do you have one of the newer systems from the last couple of years? The one that you can connect or disconnect while the hammock is still tied to the tree? Of so all you need is a zip tie and mitten hook like came with it( or a mini-biner from WM and a purchased zip tie or one that came with some brands of garbage bags.
    1:Then just run the zip tie thru the base of the mitten hook, then cinch the zip tie down on the end of the hammock's knot cover or that vicinity. 2: wrap the end of your under cover(UC) around the hammock end cover, place the UC elastic through the proper UC loop and attach the UC elastic to the hook or biner. There is a 2nd toggle that also goes through a grosgrain loop similar to how the elastic went through the end most loop.
    3: Do the other end exactly the same
    4:done

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=b6lpgSy0N3k#!

http://hennessyhammock.com/media/C38/#content

Hammock
    None
    Tarp
    None
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    None
    Images
    You know I didn't even think about that. I thought since I was removing the stock rope that I wouldn't be able to attach the supershelters suspension to the amsteel. Thank you!!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericasHammock View Post
    You know I didn't even think about that. I thought since I was removing the stock rope that I wouldn't be able to attach the supershelters suspension to the amsteel. Thank you!!
    Your very welcome! But apparently you had been attaching to the HH suspension rope Prussick hooks? And you can do that with the new systems, but it is really designed to attach in the manner described above. You could also attach an older system in the new fashion, but I'm not sure the fit would be exactly right. should be close though.

Hammock
    None
    Tarp
    None
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    None
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Your very welcome! But apparently you had been attaching to the HH suspension rope Prussick hooks? And you can do that with the new systems, but it is really designed to attach in the manner described above. You could also attach an older system in the new fashion, but I'm not sure the fit would be exactly right. should be close though.
    Yeah I have been attaching it to the prussick hooks just so I can adjust it and tighten it when needed.It's not the newer one, I have to feed the ropes through, I would imagine it would still work though??
    Last edited by AmericasHammock; 02-21-2012 at 21:05.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast