Ok.. I got my new Speer today and I hung it out for a try.
I love it so far. But I have a couple of questions.
1. When I hang the hammock and get into it, the sides wrap up around me and almost close in front of my face! Is this normal? Do I need to "take it up" in the bottom or something?
2. I used the long wrap the way Ed Speer tells you to on his website and it seemed to work just fine. What are the benefits or why would I want to CUT the straps and put caribiners or S-hooks on them?
3. The bugnet is weird. The way the hammock curls up around my face, I really only have about 6 inches to see out. What the heck am I doing wrong?
4. I'm a little confused about how to attach the bugnet AND the underquilt? I guess I need to pull the UQ out and look to see if there is hook & loop on both sides...
5. What are the little loops on the bugnet (center) for?
I guess that is it.
As far as comfort goes, I am more comfortable in the Speer, even though it wraps around me, simply because I know I can get the heck out, unlike in the HH. But I wish I didn't lie so deep in it.... hmmmm.....