RG60
    Tarp
    MacCat
    Insulation
    HG 20*
    Suspension
    Makin' whoopie

Yanks in Louisiana

I will be visiting La for about ten days March 8 - 18. I am wondering if any natives to the area could offer some tips on good hiking/hanging. Free is preferred, but small fees are cool too. If anyone can offer some tips or wants to get out and do some camping your knowledge is appreciated. I will be traveling with a ground-dweller though, FYI.
    Those who speak don't know, those who know don't speak.

“They deem me mad because I will not sell my days for gold; and I deem them mad because they think my days have a price. ” ― Khalil Gibran

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Rhino
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    HammockGear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    you missed our hang by a week. you may want to check out the wild azalea trail. check the link in my signature.

Hammock
    RG60
    Tarp
    MacCat
    Insulation
    HG 20*
    Suspension
    Makin' whoopie
    I saw that I am going to miss it. It would have been cool to meet more tree dwellers. Especially an organized group like yourselves. Wild Azalea looks good. I think I may have to make a quick in and out at least (not sure of my comrade's gear capabilities, he's a car camper). Thanks for the tip, and if you can think of any other places worth checking out anywhere throughout the state please let me know as we are planning on skipping around quite a bit I think.

“They deem me mad because I will not sell my days for gold; and I deem them mad because they think my days have a price. ” ― Khalil Gibran

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    20* zepplin/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    Images
    Places man I got places.
    You got
    Chicot State Park - 20 miles worth of trails, camp sites with tent pad and water and electric hook ups and fire ring , 6 primative campsites. Cost

Lake fausse Point State park - 3 miles worth of trails, 7 primative campsites with fire ring one of which is .5 miles in. Cost

Kisatchie Bayou - campsites with tent pads avalable, short walk down to sandy beach and flowing bayou (stream or creek). Cost

Lake Valentine - start of the wild Azalea trail and Lake Valentine Loop trail, campsites with tent pad and fire ring and bbq pit avalable. cost

Kincaid Lake campground - 3 campgrounds with sites, showers, trails, beach, peir fishing, ect. Cost

Wild Azalea Trail - you have 7 places along the trail you can jump out the car and lay down, very well maintained trail

Back Bone trail - 7 mile trail, camping avalable near the parking area. 4 miles in is a great place to hang on the side of a small cliff
    Yosemite Sam: Are you trying to make me look a fool?
    Bugs: You don't need me to make you look like a fool.
    Yosemite Sam: Yer deerrrnnn right I don't!

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah's 12
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbridge KAQ
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie/Straps
    If you want to drive about 8 or 9 hours North you could hit up the Arkansas hang. XD

Hammock
    RG60
    Tarp
    MacCat
    Insulation
    HG 20*
    Suspension
    Makin' whoopie
    Thanks jazilla, and the arkansas hang sounds cool too. I really need to get it together and figure out plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazilla View Post
    Places man I got places.
    You got
    Chicot State Park - 20 miles worth of trails, camp sites with tent pad and water and electric hook ups and fire ring , 6 primative campsites. Cost

Lake fausse Point State park - 3 miles worth of trails, 7 primative campsites with fire ring one of which is .5 miles in. Cost

Kisatchie Bayou - campsites with tent pads avalable, short walk down to sandy beach and flowing bayou (stream or creek). Cost

Lake Valentine - start of the wild Azalea trail and Lake Valentine Loop trail, campsites with tent pad and fire ring and bbq pit avalable. cost

Kincaid Lake campground - 3 campgrounds with sites, showers, trails, beach, peir fishing, ect. Cost

Wild Azalea Trail - you have 7 places along the trail you can jump out the car and lay down, very well maintained trail

Back Bone trail - 7 mile trail, camping avalable near the parking area. 4 miles in is a great place to hang on the side of a small cliff

Hammock
    RG60
    Tarp
    MacCat
    Insulation
    HG 20*
    Suspension
    Makin' whoopie
    Update:

We will be on the wild azalea march 9 - 13 then hitting lake fausse march 13 - 16. Any interested parties are more than welcome. We will probably stay around the Kincaid rec area with short trips daily to set up camp and then day hike around the area. Lending old gear to my comrade so we can escape the car camp, but don't want to push it too hard for a newb.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    20* zepplin/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    Images
    You picked a great spot. Kincaid lake is a really beautiful area. There are a few good trails looping around there.

I don't know if you might be interested but Andrew Skurka will be in Lafayette at Pack and Paddle (a local gear supply) the 16th and 17th. I could send you some info if your interested.

Hammock
    RG60
    Tarp
    MacCat
    Insulation
    HG 20*
    Suspension
    Makin' whoopie
    Yeah that would be awesome. Not sure if exact plans just yet for after lake fausse pointe, we were thinking of checking out NO for a couple of days before driving home

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    20* zepplin/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    Images
    I'm yeah you can check out Andrew where your from but New Orleans is a one time thing.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast