Tarp
    Clark Std. XL Tarp
    Insulation
    KAQ-Lost River
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

Upgrade from NA to NX250

I have finally decided to upgrade to the NX250 ( I will keep my NA model for now).
    I am ready to pull the trigger and place the order for the NX250 without a rain fly. I am jumping over to the Warbonnet Outdoors site and I am going to pick up a Super fly rain cover with those Awesome side pulls.
    It has been a big struggle mentally in deciding on the purchase. I was leaning heavy towards the War Bonnet BB hammock, but that Clark Weather shield that I have on the NA model is soo sweet. It makes it real hard to go back to a conventional hammock ( although the Blackbird is my no means conventional-That foot box is a work of genius).
    A lot of miles on my NA and a few of patches, but other that the original rain fly falling apart after many adventures, it served me well.
    Hopefully the NX250 will eliminate some of the shoulder squeeze I experienced with my North American model.
    MML--The Man, The Myth, and the Legend

"I am the eagle, I live in high country, in rocky cathedrals that reach to the sky;
    I am the hawk and there's blood on my feathers, but time is still turning they soon will be dry;
    All those who see me, and all who believe in me, share in the freedom I feel when I fly.”
    John Denver--1943-1997

Hammock
    Clark NX-200 w/ ridgeline & NX-250
    Tarp
    Clark XL (x2)
    Quote Originally Posted by MML View Post

Hopefully the NX250 will eliminate some of the shoulder squeeze I experienced with my North American model.
    I don't notice any difference in shoulder squeeze between the NX-200 and NX-250, but the NA did clamp in on the shoulders more than I'd have liked.

Best wishes for many more years of service from the 250. In addition to the larger size, it has a few more niceties you'll like.

Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    The NX-250 is so much better than the NA. More room and the spreader bars make it really nice. Good luck.
    "No whining in the woods"

Hammock
    Clark NX250
    Tarp
    Clark Std. XL Tarp
    Insulation
    KAQ-Lost River
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bacon_grease View Post
    I don't notice any difference in shoulder squeeze between the NX-200 and NX-250, but the NA did clamp in on the shoulders more than I'd have liked.

Best wishes for many more years of service from the 250. In addition to the larger size, it has a few more niceties you'll like.
    I just got off the phone with the fine people at Clark. They informed me that being that my Clark NA is one of the original NA models it is almost a pound heavier and smaller in leangth and width than the North Americans that were upgraded a few years ago. So when I hunker down in my new NX250 for the first time, they said I should notice a big difference in comfort and I actually should be lighter with the new NX250 as compaired with the original model of the North American that I have been carrying around in my Gossimer G4 Pack!!

"I am the eagle, I live in high country, in rocky cathedrals that reach to the sky;
    I am the hawk and there's blood on my feathers, but time is still turning they soon will be dry;
    All those who see me, and all who believe in me, share in the freedom I feel when I fly.”
    John Denver--1943-1997

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    Well, just how narrow is your old North American? Would you take a minute to measure it, (for archive purposes?) Interesting that what is now the shortest premium hammock was five years ago even smaller.

Clark now uses 2 bed sizes, the narrower of which is 47" x 96". The big bed is 50" x 108". Plus zipper tape(s).

I wear a 42 jacket size. While I can tell I'm in the same-bed-size Tropical II and not the larger bed NX-250, the smaller bed is NOT too small or less comfortable.
    Last edited by DemostiX; 02-24-2012 at 02:07. Reason: NOT in last sentence. Changes meaning.

Hammock
    Clark NX250
    Tarp
    Clark Std. XL Tarp
    Insulation
    KAQ-Lost River
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DemostiX View Post
    Well, just how narrow is your old North American? Would you take a minute to measure it, (for archive purposes?) Interesting that what is now the shortest premium hammock was five years ago even smaller.

Clark now uses 2 bed sizes, the narrower of which is 47" x 96". The big bed is 50" x 108". Plus zipper tape(s).

I wear a 42 jacket size. While I can tell I'm in the same-bed-size Tropical II and not the larger bed NX-250, the smaller bed is too small or less comfortable.
    Next time I have it up, I'll measure it.

John Denver--1943-1997

My NX250 still has a little "new smell" to it, but every time I get in it I enjoy it more, I believe you're going to love the change.

Hammock
    Clark NX250
    Tarp
    Clark Std. XL Tarp
    Insulation
    KAQ-Lost River
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by old4hats View Post
    My NX250 still has a little "new smell" to it, but every time I get in it I enjoy it more, I believe you're going to love the change.
    I have a pretty good idea that your right!!!!

John Denver--1943-1997

Hammock
    Clark NX-200 w/ ridgeline & NX-250
    Tarp
    Clark XL (x2)
    Quote Originally Posted by old4hats View Post
    You're just saying that so you can have the upwind spot at the next group hang

• + New Posts