Hammock
    DIY Asym
    Tarp
    DIY XL Hex
    Insulation
    Klymit/Incubator20
    Suspension
    Whoopie

Lightbulb Keeping pad in place for HH - Solution?

I noticed that inside my HH there are 2 rings where the outer sway guylines attach. I would reason that if I sew attach clips to my pad I could click in and keep it in place. Thoughts?

Hammock
    None
    Tarp
    None
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    None
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by KnotHere View Post
    I noticed that inside my HH there are 2 rings where the outer sway guylines attach. I would reason that if I sew attach clips to my pad I could click in and keep it in place. Thoughts?
    That sounds like a really good idea. Anyone see a reason it wouldn't work? I'm picturing putting them through like you would with the supershelter's underpad?

Hammock
    DIY Asym
    Tarp
    DIY XL Hex
    Insulation
    Klymit/Incubator20
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Well, seeing as my first attempt to sleep in it during cold weather was thwarted when the pad slipped out from under me, I'll give this idea a shot and post pictures and results. Should be a week from now.

Hammock
    Hennesy
    Tarp
    various
    Insulation
    pads, foam
    Images
    Strikes me you want a slippery cover over it. The string will position it while you get in but if you move around much something will give unless you body can slip on the pad. Free advice worth every penny paid. ;-)

Hammock
    DIY Asym
    Tarp
    DIY XL Hex
    Insulation
    Klymit/Incubator20
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Good point. I was thinking of using the same material they use for ironing board covers for the top of the pad. It's somewhat reflective, light (ish), and seems durable enough to use for a camp pad for sitting on.

Hammock
    DIY 11' gathered end hammock
    Tarp
    DIY Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Jarbridge UQ, Sock
    Suspension
    Whoopie, MSH
    Images
    Just came back from an overnight hang and temps were supposed to be down to 15, but the actual low was 6.6F. I kept waking every couple of hours because the pad slipped. Just had to get out and readjust. I was going to ask the same question and your have a great solution. I'm hoping your idea works. Looking forward to your findings.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Girotogo View Post
    Just came back from an overnight hang and temps were supposed to be down to 15, but the actual low was 6.6F. I kept waking every couple of hours because the pad slipped. Just had to get out and readjust. I was going to ask the same question and your have a great solution. I'm hoping your idea works. Looking forward to your findings.
    Wow, forecast 15 and get 6! When you managed to stay on your pad, were you warm? What pad were you using?

The idea might well work. But I am trying to picture where these rings are? The only rings I have seen on my HHs are not inside, but outside the hammock/netting. Of course with a zip model, you could get to one side easily enough. Do the newer HHs have some rings INSIDE the hammock?

But have you guys tried lines of seam sealer on the pads surface, or a small patch of shelf liner or the stuff that goes under rugs? Or best yet if you want a relatively simple DIY project, an segmented pad extender(SPE)?

And though it won't help you if you already have single layer hammocks, the double layer pad pockets are a huge help. In fact, if I was a dedicated pad user, I would only consider one hammock: the double layer JRB bridge. But other than getting one of the double layer hammocks, try one of the above tricks. Or, let us know how this mod works for you.

Hammock
    DIY Asym
    Tarp
    DIY XL Hex
    Insulation
    Klymit/Incubator20
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    BillyBob,
    I think it must be a new feature to the HH's to have the rings on the inside in the same area as the sway guylines. I really like the idea of using the foamy shelf liner as well. I'll try and post some pics tonight of the rings.

Hammock
    DIY 11' gathered end hammock
    Tarp
    DIY Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Jarbridge UQ, Sock
    Suspension
    Whoopie, MSH
    Images
    I had a thermarest trail lite inside the hammock and a Jarbridge UQ lined with a 12oz solar blanket. I also crumbled up a WM mylar solar blanket on top of the thicker blanket. Used a spiderman fleece blanket like a top cover and a winter tarp with doors. With all that, I was never cold, but I had to get up constantly to position the pad. I tried to re-position the pad while I was inside. Just got me frustrated, so I had to get out the warm setup, fix the pad and jump back in....it was a PAIN! This is my setup.
    Last edited by Girotogo; 02-29-2012 at 04:06.

Hammock
    DIY Asym
    Tarp
    DIY XL Hex
    Insulation
    Klymit/Incubator20
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Saw your setup in another post. Looks cozy. I'm looking to keep things lite and space saving as possible so I thought I'd take the best of these type layers, sew em together and clip it in place. After I'm done with my rainflys I'll start on this and report back.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast