Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Help on deciding a model!

Been doing alot of research on Hammocks. I am going to get a clark but am not sure what model. I read that some people say the North American is small but others love it. So my decision is between a NA and and NX-250. I am 5'8 155 LBS. My shoulders are about 18 inches wide. I would like to be able to move around in the hammock and read a book a little if I cant sleep lol. Can you guys help me out. I know the NX-250 has the tent pole design which i am not fond of. I think ill be ok with the NA but just wanna make sure, wish I could test them.

I believe NA is same dimensions as 150 so i struggled as to wether i would have enough room also. I am 6 foot and 170 and have ample room in my 150. while the 250 would have been sweet cause i just like sprawling room it was not worth the money to me. But the 150 has plenty dont get me wrong for me to be greatly comfortable.

Ya thats why im thinking about the NA cuz of price, and im not a big fan of the pole system. Just gonna see what people have to say about the NA and 250 and go from there and I may call Clark.

Hammock
    Clark NX-250/NX-270/NA/NX-200
    Tarp
    HG 8x10 cuben
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies & straps
    Im 6 foot and 192#s and Im verry comfortable in my NA..

Quote Originally Posted by pdcollins6092 View Post
    Im 6 foot and 192#s and Im verry comfortable in my NA..
    Thats good to know, would you be comfortable if you had to stay in it all day it it was non stop rain? Also to those who have a NX-250, when you pack it up, where do the poles go?

Hammock
    Clark NX-250/NX-270/NA/NX-200
    Tarp
    HG 8x10 cuben
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies & straps
    I have been. I,m in it during a good rain, just the sound of the rain hitting the tarp puts me to sleep in about 15 minutes...lol

Quote Originally Posted by pdcollins6092 View Post
    I have been. I,m in it during a good rain, just the sound of the rain hitting the tarp puts me to sleep in about 15 minutes...lol
    Haha, me too.

Hammock
    Clark NX 250
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Dutch
    Nx all the way! the extra room is nice and the poles are great give you a nice feeling inside, even if you don't use a tarp..
    yakass.net

Hammock
    Clark NX-200 w/ ridgeline & NX-250
    Tarp
    Clark XL (x2)
    Quote Originally Posted by OutdoorJunkie1992 View Post
    Thats good to know, would you be comfortable if you had to stay in it all day it it was non stop rain? Also to those who have a NX-250, when you pack it up, where do the poles go?
    They don't fit in the bag, but Clark is now selling a carrying pouch for them. I'm not sure how it works or how necessary the pouch is.

The poles will fit almost anywhere you want to put them, though.

To answer the original question:

I have an NX-200 and 250. At first, I preferred the 250 because it can be set up without the rainfly. However, now that I put a non-structural ridgeline on the 200, I alternate between the two without thinking.

On the 250, you can set up without the poles by using a ridgeline or rainfly to support the upper hammock just as you do on the NA and 200.

Honestly, I'd go with the the 250 if your pack weight / wallet can handle the added load. Between the larger bed and poles, you will have many more options on how to hang and be more comfortable while doing it.

Banned
    If the only thing one considers when comparing two hammocks is size, bigger is better.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast