Finally finished my new bridge, it's a combination of ideas gathered here with some modifications of my own. Haven't spent a night in it yet but I've tried it in the yard and I can't wait to get it out!
These first pics are of my hiking pole mods. For the handle end I bought a 3/4" aluminum bushing from HD, a screw 3/4" longer than the one in the handle that holds the wrist strap, and a screw tip protector. On the tip side I bought a 1/2"x1/2" plumbing fitting and some washers that didn't quite fit over the barbs. I then used a vice and socket to press fit the washer over the barbs and put some vinyl tubing over the top of the washer. Works perfectly!
Next is a pic of my UCR. On my first hammock I used whoopies then I saw Sgt. Rock's Ghost Hammock and his UCR's. I got my idea from what he did, only instead of using zip ties and tubing I made a fixed loop on the loose end and ran a prussik loop through it to keep the tension on the unloaded end of the UCR.
The next couple of pics show the hammock hanging before and after adding bugnet and built in uq, and a pic of it in the stuff sack. I put a buttonhole in the bottom of the sack to run my UCR out of with an elastic pouch on the outside to stow it.
I got the idea for attaching the uq via strips of nylon rolled in to the webbing from JerryW. For the uq I used one layer of 3Oz Primaloft and one layer of 4Oz. I sandwhiched it between a layer of 1.1 ripstop and some no-see-um. I then put in quilting loops before attaching it to the hammock body so as not to put any holes in the hammock body itself.
Of course much thanks to GrizzlyAdams for his videos, the main source for how I made my hammock.
I've definately got the diy bug and I think I've passed it to my brother, who has ordered materials to try some stuff for himself!!