HH expidtion Zip mod #4
    Tarp
    WB Big Mambajamba
    Insulation
    0* bag+HHSS
    Suspension
    WhoopieSling+biner

BMJ Door kits?

I tend to do 3-3 1/2 season camping here in KC area. I have been wondering if it would be adviseable to buy the door kids for the BMJ and any feedback on experence with them.

The coldest I will likely be out is 10-15 degrees (been out in as cold as 22), and, ofcourse, it gets windy in Kansas. I would love to hear feedback.
    Eagels may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked through jet engines!!

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    The kits work well and fit nicely. In fact, with some tinkering, they can fit a number of different tarps.

I like that they attach to the tarp corners and under the ridgeline, meaning no separate stake-outs needed.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

The Beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota
    Hammock
    WARBONNET 1.1 DOUBLE, DIY BRIDGE
    Tarp
    DIY ARGON CAMO/BMJ
    Insulation
    DIY DOWN TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    STRAPS/BUCKLES
    i have a door kit for mine and it works great......plus you can leave the doors at home to save a few ounces when the weather is gonna be nice

boot
    The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us. ~Bill Watterson

Hammock
    HH expidtion Zip mod #4
    Tarp
    WB Big Mambajamba
    Insulation
    0* bag+HHSS
    Suspension
    WhoopieSling+biner
    Quote Originally Posted by angrysparrow View Post
    The kits work well and fit nicely. In fact, with some tinkering, they can fit a number of different tarps.

I like that they attach to the tarp corners and under the ridgeline, meaning no separate stake-outs needed.
    what does that mean when you decide it is nessicary to vent underneath the tarp when the doors are on (I.E. not so windy but cold day, or a cold day with light precip.). I assume then extra stake outs are still required.

So far there is nothing wrong with what I hear about the doors. Just general pros and cons list would suffice for others on this thread. I'll keep everyone posted for when and if I get doors.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    what does that mean when you decide it is nessicary to vent underneath the tarp when the doors are on (I.E. not so windy but cold day, or a cold day with light precip.). I assume then extra stake outs are still required.
    I've never been in conditions that made me want to vent the doors. If they are on, I generally put them there to block wind or precip. If I'm not blocking either of those, I mostly just leave them off.

You certainly could use external stake points if you wanted, though. Or even put only one door on each end, for 2/3 coverage. etc.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    kbwaddy
    Tarp
    valesko
    Insulation
    ahurst
    Suspension
    dutch
    i still really like my door kit for the bmj.

as said - you can easily attache them to the tarp tieouts for full closure, without needing that extra stake.
    or- if you want a snow plow or beak, you can use an additional stake secured in line with the trees.

very easy to use with the mitten hooks and shockcord/cordlocks.

a lot of the time i bring 1 set, or 2 of the 4. and close off one end of the tarp, or, use them on the 'back' side of the tarp for vestibule space, with the other panel up in porch mode.

being separate, you can use them for other purposes too, use your imagination.
    "Jeff-Becking"

DOWNTOWN BROWN!!!!

Hammock
    HH expidtion Zip mod #4
    Tarp
    WB Big Mambajamba
    Insulation
    0* bag+HHSS
    Suspension
    WhoopieSling+biner
    All sounds good so far. The snow plow/beak is what i meant by using the steakouts for "venting" of sorts. I have used a mil spec poncho and a 3 mill trashbag so far as doors but i wanted something more perminate and or easier to set up in a pinch. I won't likely need the doors this summer so i'll be paying for them later on this year. Will keep you all posted when i make the investment.

• + New Posts