Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks So Much for the report. I hadn't thought of camping close to the house. What a great idea. I have plenty of places close by, and will see what I need to do for permissions.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1dl HB noseeum modified
    Tarp
    WB BMJ, HH hex
    Insulation
    winter incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyPainter View Post
    Now THAT was a pretty cool video! Time to explore more around here ... I agree with the small axe advice. I baton a lot of wood, and in fact, just picked-up a nice large camp knife perfect for it! Also use the head off a Cold Steel Trail Hawk as a splitting maul at times. But the Axe is definitely faster. I also just picked-up an Estwing #1 from Lowes for just those camp chores.
    Attachment 32998

Thanks for sharing that rip! Well done!

~ Sky
    If you are a firebug like me, an axe is the way to go if for no other reason than knocking all the limbs off blowdown so you can drag it back to camp easier. Warms a mans heart to see a blown down tree wedged in the crook of another tree. About 45 minutes later, it warms the rest of him
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk-eye View Post
    Yeah buddy ... right out the door and on the trail ... what a great way to do it! Thanks for sharing the adventure!
    Thanks for watching it. It will be a great place to pull a pulk to, as the majority of the trails are atop levies beside the Winnebago River.
    Quote Originally Posted by justaguy View Post
    Great vid. I am super jealous of how close that is to your house. Soooo jealous!

Quick question for you: What wrist warmers are those? I've been looking in to buying a pair, but I can't find ones with the open palm and covered knuckles. Thanks!
    It's a nice little area, with little being the operative word. There is not a lot of wilderness area in North Iowa. The wrist warmers are British army surplus, wool and warm. I got them through Sportsman's Guide a while back. The bad news is they are out of them. The REALLY bad news is, I just gave 2 pair of them a way a couple weeks ago here on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by paddedpew View Post
    Thanks So Much for the report. I hadn't thought of camping close to the house. What a great idea. I have plenty of places close by, and will see what I need to do for permissions.
    Many of the smaller areas don't see much use in the off seasons. I didn't see another soul on the way out to or in the park.

Nice trip report Doody! We should camp there together sometime. I biked out to Spring Park Friday after work and I camped in my WBBB for the first time!

Hammock
    Tarp
    WB BMJ, HH hex
    Insulation
    winter incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojoe View Post
    Nice trip report Doody! We should camp there together sometime. I biked out to Spring Park Friday after work and I camped in my WBBB for the first time!
    Or hit YRSF again. How did you like the WBBB?

YRSF would be awesome! I love the WBBB!!! It was very comfortable.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Just caught this one. Thanks for the video Doody!

Hammock
    Tarp
    WB BMJ, HH hex
    Insulation
    winter incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by rodwolfy View Post
    Just caught this one. Thanks for the video Doody!
    Thanks for watching it!

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234