Hammock
    Clark NX 250
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Clark pads & PLUQ
    Suspension
    Woopieslings
    Yes, the theory of supply & demand usually applies. Quality & customer support also supports the price level. When a vendor states one thing but provides another, reliability is reduced and customers will find different sources for products with equal quality. Had the site indicated that the Superfly was on backorder or out of stock, one would understandably expect a delay in shipping. Since there was no indication of either of those, THIS customer is expecting that the product will ship within the week, as indicated on the site. For now, I will trust that Warbonnet will deliver as advertised and will have another happy customer.

Hammock
    Bear Mt Bridge
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Neo Air All Season
    Suspension
    whoopies
    When I ordered my WBBB it said it was in stock but took about 4 weeks to get to me. I assumed after that experience that Brandon just does not have time to keep up with an inventory update on his website.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 Dbl
    Tarp
    WB Superfly Camo
    Insulation
    WL 3/4 & KS
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Racer05 View Post
    WOW!! Those comments are very unexpected! The web site states "Items normally ship in approximately 1 week while orders containing backordered items will normally ship
    within 3 weeks". Based on your comments it looks like it is taking two weeks plus. Maybe you just ordered items that were backordered? Hopefully my Superfly will ship sooner that that. I am also unsure if it will come with a ridge line and guylines. The video shows that it does, but customer service says it does not. Any comments on that from those of you who may have purchased one recently? Maybe I should start making my own.
    No, it does not come with ridge / guylines. Took about a week to receive my SF and a week and a half on the BB. Both are quality products and well worth the wait. Spring is right around the corner and I wouldn't doubt Brandon is getting slammed with orders; Only so much a guy can do.

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sjoll19 View Post
    No, it does not come with ridge / guylines. Took about a week to receive my SF and a week and a half on the BB. Both are quality products and well worth the wait. Spring is right around the corner and I wouldn't doubt Brandon is getting slammed with orders; Only so much a guy can do.
    Every once in a while word leaks out that your cottage industry maker really doesn't can't on the one hand spend all that time listening to every customer for one of a limited stock-list of products AND to make them all himself. He hires, trains, and does QC or manages others to do that.

So, a guy (or gal) whose company is growing really doesn't do all of this himself or herself.

Point of pride and service for Jacks R Better, in their annual report on company development, is that they ship more than 98% of orders by the next day. To do that, they maintain over $100,000 in inventory (which, VA taxes, I think).

Nothing wrong with just-in-time. But, the customer should know when to expect delivery when she place an order, or it should be understood that time of delivery is uncertain. Cheaper than answering the phone for a fabricator is a posted delivery schedule for each or all orders. Everyone who has tracked an order with a shipper knows how easy that is.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 Dbl
    Tarp
    WB Superfly Camo
    Insulation
    WL 3/4 & KS
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by DemostiX View Post
    Every once in a while word leaks out that your cottage industry maker really doesn't can't on the one hand spend all that time listening to every customer for one of a limited stock-list of products AND to make them all himself. He hires, trains, and does QC or manages others to do that.

So, a guy (or gal) whose company is growing really doesn't do all of this himself or herself.

Point of pride and service for Jacks R Better, in their annual report on company development, is that they ship more than 98% of orders by the next day. To do that, they maintain over $100,000 in inventory (which, VA taxes, I think).

Nothing wrong with just-in-time. But, the customer should know when to expect delivery when she place an order, or it should be understood that time of delivery is uncertain. Cheaper than answering the phone for a fabricator is a posted delivery schedule for each or all orders. Everyone who has tracked an order with a shipper knows how easy that is.
    Racer05 asked a question, I answered it and gave my opinion on the service and quality of the goods I received from Brandon and his company. One can only speculate that with camping season coming up and tax refunds coming in, I'm sure a lot of the cottage gear makers are getting swamped atm.

In no way was my comment meant as a dig at Racer or others, just an observation. I don't appreciate a business lecture when I was just answering a question.

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    I didn't take it as a dig toward anyone, and there was no business lecture directed at you or any specific customer There will be as many complaints, likely, as there have been in the past, and business and personal reputations will be hurt by weak information and poor information management. Most of that is avoidable.

I do think and I will repeat that hypothesizing excuses for business practices that hurt customers doesn't serve anyone. Stated delivery times are part of an implicit contract. Vapor ware is vapor ware even if only because the lid was accidentally left off the pot.

No connection to any vendor mentioned, an admirer and owner of the products of several.

I ordered freaking tree straps 11 days ago an have yet to get a shipping notification. C'mon TREE STRAPS I paid 5 dollars for shipping on an 8 dollar product that takes 2 sec to put together and ship out. And emailed them yesterday about it and haven't gotten an email! Come On! Just a little annoyed!

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I didn't take it as a dig toward anyone, and there was no business lecture directed at you or any specific customer
    Maybe not, but you do assume a lot and present it as fact.
    I can only speak of Brandon, because his is the only shop I've visited regularly. He does employ a couple of folks that sew, cut, ship. However, he is the final stop on all things sealed with the Warbonnet name. Nothing leaves his shop without his attention first. I would be surprised to learn differently about the Jacks, or any other small cottage shop in our fold. It may be true, but to suggest, let alone state, otherwise is a display of ignorance unless you have evidence to the contrary.
    Trust nobody!

Got an email back, here is the explanation.

sorry for the delay, we're a small shop and only do shipping about once a week or so. your order is boxed already and scheduled for pickup tomorrow, you should see a shipping notice in the next day or so

Hammock
    Who can choose?
    Tarp
    DW Bonded P2F
    Insulation
    Unicorn Fur
    Suspension
    Beckett hitch
    Quote Originally Posted by HammockMan View Post
    Got an email back, here is the explanation.

sorry for the delay, we're a small shop and only do shipping about once a week or so. your order is boxed already and scheduled for pickup tomorrow, you should see a shipping notice in the next day or so
    Thank you for posting an update to your problem with Brandon's reply. Very decent of you to let us know that he responded to you, resolved your issue, and in what fashion. I also contacted Brandon to find out when my order would be shipped, and he was quite kind on the phone, though I am sure he was very busy.

It's hard to be patient when you are waiting for new gear; but the alternative is to buy mass-produced junk from China. Me, I'll try for patience, as hard as I find it sometimes.
    Medical professional, semi-professional Scouter, aspiring layabout.
    "If it's stupid, and it works - it's not stupid."

S487-132

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast