WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    Chinook 9.6x9.6
    Insulation
    AH New River UQ
    Suspension
    Came with the BB
    Images
    I had a great time. This was the first time I went hiking in the Catskills and it wont be the last (living so close and never spent any time there). I need to post my adventure on the trip report forum. I do want to thank the gracious hosts Jerzybears, you two were the best and thanks for lunch.

I just tried to post my pictures I didn't do something right. Gotta go to work now. I'll repost tomorrow.
    I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority. - E. B. White (1899 - 1985)

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Knotty View Post
    Had a great time this weekend with JerzyBears, JayS and Veto65 at a campsite uphill from the Devil's Kitchen lean-to in the eastern Catskills, NY. We all arrived to a beautiful new blanket of snow about 3-4" deep. The campsite is just beautiful. Located along a stream and covered by evergreens. Lots of good conversation around the campfire and very comfortable temps. It was my first time meeting Veto65 and hope to be able to camp with him again sometime. Saturday held steady at 34ºF, the nighttime low was 32º and Sunday it was 35º. All with no wind.

Want to add that this was my first chance to try out IceSpikes while hiking. They provided a tremendous increase in traction. I actually installed them right at the trailhead after we arrived and saw the conditions. We brought a cordless drill for that purpose but it could have also been done by hand with the tool the company provides. In my Keen winter boots, the screws held well. There were 12 per boot and one was missing when we got back. In Jay's Merrill Ventilators we installed 8 per shoe and a good number had pulled out by end of trip. So, in the right shoe they do quite well and carrying a few extra screws and the install tool is a good practice.

Here's the HF photo album (unfortunately pics are in reverse order) and here's my Picasa Album, which also includes map tags.

This pic is a shout out to Water Monkey!
    You guys look totally gangsta. This photo is surely WaterMonkey approved.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123