Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Images

New Kind of Liner

http://www.bodibag.com/
    I think this could serve as a sleeping bag as well in warmer weather.
    Notice you can order it in different weights 100 or 200
    very coool

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    is it made of fleece?
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Images
    Yes it is made of fleece...thinking maybe I would not have to bring along the fleece jacket either....have this serve double duty.

For me I just have to see how large is large?
    oh being on the fluffy side of it all ...uggh

interesting - the guy selling this is near where I live - 15 miles at the most - just may have to check him out especially since he seems to be a hammocker

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0, Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ's, EE TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis

Please keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by Hog On Ice View Post
    interesting - the guy selling this is near where I live - 15 miles at the most - just may have to check him out especially since he seems to be a hammocker
    HOI:

If you do meet him, please let us know how the sizes appear to run. Sounds like a true multi-use item!

Thanks...

That's funny. After reading Hangout's Fleece lined hammock thread, I started thinking about making a dual-purpose bag liner/coat to make weight/bulk penalty of the fleece worth it.

I wasn't planning on having sleeves, but his coat looks mighty comfy. I wonder if sleeves would be a good idea after all?

Images
    I have been looking at these and the fleece hammock thread too.

From what I see in the warmer months a fleece hammock would work without the need for an underquilt/pad. In Cincy in the summer I think I could get by with only a 100 wt fleece top, fleece hammock, and a summer bag for the colder nights.

A fleece coat thing like this could take that a step farther. I think I would add sleeves. I wonder if they could be made removeable. I think my arms and shoulders would get cold with nothing underneath them. You could take off the sleeves when it is too hot.

Good thing my DIY list is full before my hike. You guys should have this figured out perfectly by the time I get back.
    Is that too much to ask? Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads?
    The hanger formly known as "hammock engineer".

Hammock
    Homemade Speer-type
    Tarp
    BlackCat
    Insulation
    Potomac UQ
    Suspension
    Homemade/CC Buckle
    Images
    I made a pair of fleece drawstring pants last night. They were pretty easy and they came out pretty light (no actual weight yet). They're bulky, but I used less fleece than I would lining a hammock. These plus a fleece jacket (which is what I have for top insulation until I have more money) should serve the same purpose as the hammock liner - incompressible insulation. I'm hanging in my yard tonight (low around 25*), so I'll see how they work.
    "Physics is the only true science. All else is stamp collecting." - J. J. Thompson

Images

pants

let us know how they work im all ears on that one .
    Bear bait what??? Your It!!!!!!!!

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hammock engineer View Post
    I have been looking at these and the fleece hammock thread too.

From what I see in the warmer months a fleece hammock would work without the need for an underquilt/pad. In Cincy in the summer I think I could get by with only a 100 wt fleece top, fleece hammock, and a summer bag for the colder nights.

A fleece coat thing like this could take that a step farther. I think I would add sleeves. I wonder if they could be made removeable. I think my arms and shoulders would get cold with nothing underneath them. You could take off the sleeves when it is too hot.

Good thing my DIY list is full before my hike. You guys should have this figured out perfectly by the time I get back.

HE, et al,

FWIW....Did some experiments on fleece bottom three years ago... Bottom line was between 5-10 degrees when inside the hammock( comfort at 65-70 for low) and 10-15 degrees when outside the hammock ( comfort at 60-65 for low) ... not enough gain considering summer storms often drop temps by 20 degrees from norms...and that was 200 wgt fleece (like most of the front zip fleece jackets) and they were heavy compared to synthetic insulations and down.... almost 2x heavier... and bulky in the pack... Also compared some wind stopper and the weight and bulk issues got worse yet with little to no noticible improvement.... YMMV.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast