Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Images
    I wonder if any of this has to do with production problems. I can imagine a situation where the slave labor in third world countries more often than not complete the stitching on all four sides because they think that is what they are supposed to do. Maybe more than half the claytors have all four sides stiched by mistake and Tom has given up trying to correct the mistakes.

Hammock
    CLARK NX-200 / Clark NA /Warbonnet
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    I cant and would not buy anything that is made by slave labor or child labor which im not sure is'nt being done. I am sure there is somthing that I bought and did'nt know about it but if I can keep from it I wont pay for anything made that way.

Now I have a question if they are sewed up on all for sides but still open in the middle why could'nt you take the stiches out of one side and open that pocket back up. Just a question I have no idea how they are made but there are allot of folks who like it for that reason. Maybe Neo could figure it out or like someone else said unsew the end of it so that you can just slide it up inside it that way.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cavediver2 View Post
    I cant and would not buy anything that is made by slave labor or child labor which im not sure is'nt being done. I am sure there is somthing that I bought and did'nt know about it but if I can keep from it I wont pay for anything made that way.

I wish that were true. But unfortunately many countries still treat their labor force as minerals. We should have tariffs that impose labor, environmental, and standard of living cost on imports. Otherwise we become non-moving targets for countries in which the choice is work 15 hours a day, 7 days a week for just enough food to stay alive, or die.

And even in this country we still use the equivalent of slave labor to pick the majority of our domestic produce.

I'd like to say that I'd never belong to a youth organization that had any pedophiles in it. In reality, every one of them has pedophiles in the ranks.

Hammock
    Hyperlite & Claytor JH
    Tarp
    SWT
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, CCF & BA
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by redbeard View Post
    I just ordered another Jungle Hammock and I received this notice from Tom:
    We have modified and strengthened the Jungle Hammock. The two bottom layers are now stitched together for added strength. This means there is no longer a foam pad sleeve. I would appreciate your comments and feedback on this modification when you get your hammock.
    Has anyone else gotten one without the pad pocket?
    Redbeard
    Dang! I just ordered a JH mid last week and received no such notice? I'll be an VERY unhappy customer if there's INDEED no sleeve! The 'pad sleeve' described on his website was ONLY reason and key deciding factor for choosing Tom's JH.
    Tom's Website description:
    JUNGLE HAMMOCK & FLY
    Design: Designed for extreme wet jungle climates. Camouflage waterproof fabric. 100% waterproof, and there is a double bottom layer to slide a foam pad in for snow and winter camping...

Since I received no notice I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and wait to see?

Hammock
    Claytor Jungle Hammock
    Tarp
    Claytor
    Quote Originally Posted by redbeard View Post
    I just ordered another Jungle Hammock and I received this notice from Tom:
    We have modified and strengthened the Jungle Hammock. The two bottom layers are now stitched together for added strength. This means there is no longer a foam pad sleeve.
    Redbeard
    File this under Pure Speculation. But after a year and a half in Thailand my guess is that quality control became such a headache that he decided it was easier not to fight it anymore and just discover a "benefit" out of what used to be considered a mistake.

By the way, I bought a pair of Claytor Anti-Leech Socks but my relatives still keep asking me for money!
    Last edited by bruc33ef; 06-21-2008 at 23:32.

Hammock
    Claytor Jungle Hammock
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Cut
    bruc33ef, it took a few minutes but..........

You know, when I bought my JH I thought the "sleeve" for the pad would be sewn on all sides except one, at one of the foot ends of the hammock. I was slightly dispirited when I found the sleeve is not sewn all the way up one side. It irks me now and then when it moves around under me. I know I can sew up the one side but my skills aren't quite there yet and I don't want to screw up my JH.
    Splat

"Well, it's one louder, isn't it?"

Hammock
    Clark / Claytor
    Tarp
    Neo 12 X 12
    Insulation
    Cheap pad
    Without a doubt, this is a mistake. He’d have been better served to use a heavier material for the main layer, and a lighter one to hold a pad. Add this unwelcome development to the fact it’s best to replace the stock suspension, and reasons for buying this hammock are dwindling.

I had no plans to make a DIY hammock anytime soon, but now that I can (somewhat) sew; I’ll be making my own before I get one without the pad sleeve.

(Note: I use a pad in my Clark, and it’s not THAT much of a big deal, but pad sleeve is what’s advertised, and a pad sleeve is what I would expect!)

My guess is he’ll be changing it back soon.

The harder I work, the luckier I get.

Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    i wrote tom a couple emails,i told him he is making a mistake,every claytor hanger nees to do the same,i posted comments on this thread to him.i also told him he is forceing us to buy ddhammocks in the futreneo

http://www.ddhammocks.com/
    the matrix has you

Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by skskinner View Post
    Neo just called me. I told him about Tom's new design change and he says he is going to straighten Tom out if he can when he gets home from camping tomorrow. All is not lost with Neo on duty. Mule
    i straightened tom out,its under control,below an email from tomneo

Yes Rick,I know. It was my fault. I have refunded the money for those that did not like it (and let them keep the hammock), and I am returning to the original design. Shipping will resume next week. Thanks to everyone for their feedback. Remember this -- "if it's not broken, don't fix it."No problem, we will be back on line next week.Cheers
    the matrix has you

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast