Well, I used the tent bottom as a hammock for a bit but I wasn't sure how strong the fabric is so I headed to Wally world and got a nice piece of ripstop for $1.50/ yard and made a new hammock body. I may use the floor piece as a tarp or make some stuff sacks out of it. (I am using the one that came with the tent as a stuff sack for my hammock).
Since my hammock was done, I thought I would get started on making a top section out of the top of the tent. Here is what I started with:
I decided to sew the whole thing together so it would fit around the hammock. I should be able to take it off if I want once I make a few adjustments. I was able to get a door on each side and opposite from each other so I can get a breeze if I want or close the whole thing up so it will stay a little warmer.
Here is what I have so far. I was able to use the sleeves from the pole to run the ridgeline through. Still have a lot of adjusting to do but I am pretty happy with how it is turning out.
Time to research ridge lines and wait for my webbing to arrive in the mail. By the way, found a 10 yd roll on Amazon for $1.99.