Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    MacCat Std
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Line/Strap
    My Traveler and bugnet have never been muggy on hot nights. Not sure about the Warbonnet though having never used one. I would not be able to tell you if the Traveler and net is a better choice but it's not a bad choice at all.

Hammock
    WB's BB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, Tadpole
    Insulation
    UGQ 20dUQTQ, HG Ph
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by im22sniper View Post
    The mosquito after all is the State bird of Florida.
    Wish we had know that before we went hanging down in FL this past week. The skeeters buzzing around outside the hammock by my head kept me awake the one day. Lucky I had some ear plugs stashed away on the shelf just in case.

Wife and I both got a 1.1 BB each and love it! Can't comment on crazy hot temps but it seems it would be an individual thing to some degree. I certainly don't think it would be any hotter than a tent say or that any other hammock would drop the temp that much, although I'm sure a WB Trav would feel a bit cooler with any sort air movement.

One night felt muggier than most and it was a bit warm inside. I agree that the breeze I felt underneath was quite nice. Not sure what it got down to overnight, days were up in the low to mid 80's where we were.

Of course you could make your own hammock out of cotton and then soak it down before sleeping in it, that might affect how cool it feels.

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    There's almost no acknowledgement at HF on bug-screen differences in air flow through different bug nets and no measurement*

That flow would vary due to the mesh, size and orientation. Clark uses a very fine mesh, there's good vertical orientation and plenty of area. But I think I'd be more comfortable on hot nights with different pop-in / pop-out panels of mesh, including a couple that were coarser and permetherin soaked to kill critters on contact while letting much more air in and out.

*That could be very cool. Sample air inside a bug-shielded hammock for some contaminant level, like perfume. Set up a fan some distance away to simulate a gentle constant breeze, and see how much hammocks differ in air exchange. Or just measure CO2 levels in enclosed occupied hammocks with different bug shields.

Hammock
    Enos Double Nest
    Tarp
    WBBMJ
    Insulation
    Incubator 20*
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I may just pull the trigger on a BB 1.7 DL. Wish I could get the 1.7 SL but being 6'3 and 255lbs...dont think it is wise to try the thinner SL.

Thank you all for the feedback... I have some questions posted on the Linville gorge forums and dont get the number of replies like you do here. Three of my buddies and I are heading to the gorge for the first time the 1st of May...cant wait!

Hammock
    WBBB XLC & DH TBird - Toss up!
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    hammockgear.com
    Suspension
    All things Dutch
    I have an ENO DN, HH Scout, DD and WBBB 1.9 and they ALL have the same issues on hot muggy no breeze nights. You can pull out the side tie outs further than normal on the WBBB & HH but risk tearing them off so be careful. Also i tried a very tight hang on my straps to get the hammock up a bit but only saw marginal improvement and again i was worried about damaging the hammock. I bought the ridgeline fan and wish i could get a "micro" AC unit ..... Good luck

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12