Hammock
    3 custom hk2001 Hammocks
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    IX Double Dog Bun
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch straps
    Thanks for taking the time to show your cook kit. I never worked w/ an alcohol stove. I learned a lot.

I hope you have a ball working on your land!
    -Turtle Creek

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Nice to see you have assembled the kit that works for you.......cooking and boiling.
    Like the idea with the plastic bag corner to re-claim that precious fuel. Hate to waste a drop myself.
    Nice to own land. Working on your new place should be satisfying and a great deal of good outdoor work. Keep us in the loop on your progress.
    By the way....I just did a video on the companion burner for the BushBuddy. I have had one a while....a gift from book....but have not really messed with it much. some video fodder to come until I can get out on a trip. Been an odd winter for getting out in the hammock. missing it.
    All secure in sector seven,
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WB/Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Winter Palace.
    Insulation
    Lynx
    Suspension
    Straps/cinch bkls
    Yes, Please do a video of the shack building progress. You are living a dream of mine I probably will never be able to do. At least I can do it vicariously through your video postings.

Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Images
    As always a very enjoyable video Blaze! Interesting to see your cook kit break down. I tend to feel the same way - i have a really light setup but usually take out my more comfortable kit when out. Really hate to hear that there will possibly be no new videos for some time.

Good luck with the Property!
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7SL & Traveler 1.1SL
    Tarp
    HG Hex & Superfly
    Insulation
    HammockGear.com
    Suspension
    Whoopie/UCR
    Blaze, As always, Great Video !! And thanks for sharing your cook kit with us. Hope you enjoy working on your house project And I will be looking for your next video !! Would like to see photos/videos on how your new home comes together
    Good Luck !
    I have never failed, I have been very Successful finding out what does Not work.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    WB tarps
    Insulation
    HG Down, PolarPod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Catavarie View Post
    Looks like a great cook kit, well thought out and versatile. The land looks nice as well, can't wait to see it when the construction in finished.
    I will give you a shot or two along the way. And then of cause the final one.
    Best,
    Blaze

Quote Originally Posted by pegleg56 View Post
    Really enjoyed your video, and I think you made a very good point. Sometimes we worry too much about saving weight, and give up versatility in our cook sets. When we do this we limit the types of meals we can prepare. I remember specifically a time when I came across some lovely morel mushrooms while hiking alone, and it would have been wonderful to have another pot/pan to prepare them along with my meal. Don't worry, I did manage to prepare them and the meal, but it would have been nice to have been able to prepare them together.
    My go to cook set now includes a DIY Bushbuddy and an alchohol stove with two nesting pots (everything fits into the larger pot). And although I seldom need two sources of fire or two pots, it's nice to have them along. I do a lot of fishing while hiking and conoeing, and this systems works well when I am lucky enough to actually catch something.
    The possibility to switch to wood as a source of heat or have to items on the burners at the same time is a winner.
    Best,
    Blaze

Quote Originally Posted by MAD777 View Post
    Another great video as always! I'm going to miss seeing more from you for a while but best of luck on your building project; the ultimate DIY!

You always bring out the gear hound in me by showing such nice and useful gear. There are times to go ultralight and there are times to bring along some fun stuff.

Here in the USA, we have TV shows that are competitive cooking events among teams of chefs. I think they need one of those shows where the equipment is limited to your cook kit shown in the video. I think some delicious gourmet meals could be prepared in that kit!
    Yeah that cook contest could be real fun. I think a 5 star michelin recommendation would follow the cook kit.
    Best,
    Blaze

Quote Originally Posted by Slowanderer View Post
    Please do not stay away to long as I so enjoy your videos. All the best on the new construction project. Oh and BTW, another fine video, as always.
    Well I might have been to harsh. I will bring the hammock to have a base camp while building so there is the story for the next video.
    Best,
    Blaze

Quote Originally Posted by Redoleary View Post
    Great video, great idea with the plastic bag funnel too. It really looks and sounds like spring over there. Nice bit of land you have there as well. I look fwd to seeing what you build there.
    I shall do my best to keep you updated along the way.
    Best,
    Blaze

Quote Originally Posted by MikedKC View Post
    As always, I enjoyed your video. Perhaps you can create some videos of your building project. I'll keep an eye on your YouTube channel.
    I don’t do videos for YouTube, but I will sneak it into HF.
    Best,
    Blaze

Quote Originally Posted by OutandBack View Post
    Yeah! A new Blaze video.
    Going to fill my coffee cup while Vimeo is loading.
    Will edit my post with comments after the show.

EDIT-
    Really like the cook kit Blaze. That 4dog wind screen looks much better than the tin foil.
    It will really stand up to some good winds without blowing away which is why we use a windscreen in the first place.

Congrats on being a land owner, great piece of property.
    I would love see videos of your hut building progress if you have the time.

The alky funnel made from a corner of a plastic bag is a great idea.

thanks
    I have come to love the windscreen from Fourdog and always bring it for winter outings. But when going light on a hot summer day a homemade one suffice.
    And will keep you up to date on the building.
    Best,
    Blaze

Quote Originally Posted by TomsBackwoods View Post
    Great Cook kit! Thanks for showing that little stove! I have been looking at it for awhile! Where did you get the lid for your SP900?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
    Thanks I truly enjoyed your video hopfuly you were not burned to badly grabing that pot and wind screen, I would enjoy a list of the items you displayed....
    Quote Originally Posted by bodhran4me View Post
    Looked like a set of those Russian nesting dolls! Very neat!

I like the 'no retakes' conversational style of your video and I got a couple of tips as well.

I am also curious about the lantern. Is it a tealight or alcohol burner or ?????
    Thanks for your kind words and thanks for posting and commenting.
    Best,
    Blaze

Quote Originally Posted by FLRider View Post
    Awfully versatile cook kit there, Blaze. I hope your plans go well with your sheds out there; it's always nice to have a fallback plan.

Thanks for sharing with us!
    Glad you liked the kit. It is heavy, but too nice to leave at home for me.
    I am very close to have decided on what to build. That part, the decision is the hardest. Then the rest is just one step at a time.
    Best,
    Blaze

Quote Originally Posted by G.G. View Post
    Nice kit.

I liked your trick for raising your stove the 2mm.
    Good one.
    Best,
    Blaze

Quote Originally Posted by MedicineMan View Post
    Tell me you burnt your fingers when you took that windscreen off!!!
    Get thee a pot lifter---or somehow turn that snowpeak frying pan handle
    into a pot lifter.
    Plastic bag corner as funnel=brilliant.
    Be a while for more videos from you? NO!!
    We want to see the building of the house project-from the ground up!
    OK every time I watch your vids I learn something. This time its about the stove.
    I have that stove-years ago stepped on it and bent the legs, did not use it since mentally branding it 'fragile', so after watching your vid guess what I'm going to do!!
    Cut the legs off
    Always enjoy these Blaze, again don't put us into withdrawal.
    Oh yes, that hurt, but not for long. Didn’t leave a mark.
    As for the Vargo burner, it seems to be as good a stove as the Mini Atomin so get it out and fiddle a bit with it and let us hear what you think.
    And ok. I will live up to my social responsibility and keep you guys hooked.
    Best,
    Blaze

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    WB tarps
    Insulation
    HG Down, PolarPod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruciehi5 View Post
    It’s amazing how many things you took out of there and how quick and easy it all packed away. That was a clever trick for pouring the fuel back into the bottle. I’ve been quarter filling mine (and often ran out a little too soon), because I hadn’t figured out how to get the fuel out of the stove. It’s hard to light when it’s only quarter full. Your new foot rest is supur! I think I’m gunna have to get me one of them there Candle Lanterns. No, make that, I just ordered me one of them there candle thingys, got the cover for it too.

Anyway, BlazeAway, upload some videos of your building project to your YouTube channel, as it progresses. It looks like it’s going to be fantastic!
    Glad you got some tricks out of the video. And glad to hear that you are using the Vargo Ti stove. Every body seems to hate it, unjustly, because the problem for them is the lighting of the stove, and that is a pice of cake when done correctly.
    And since I only do videos for HF members, I will try to blend some hammock into my shed building.
    Best,
    Blaze

Quote Originally Posted by deerfu View Post
    Nice video and great quality indeed! My cook kit will be the last place I give up weight. I like having the options when cooking outside
    Could have been my words.
    Best,
    Blaze

Quote Originally Posted by aboyd View Post
    Really enjoyed your video, nice to see options in cook kits. Best of luck on your construction project.
    Thanks a lot aboyd.
    Best,
    Blaze

Quote Originally Posted by Turtle Creek View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to show your cook kit. I never worked w/ an alcohol stove. I learned a lot.

I hope you have a ball working on your land!
    Glad the video have learned you a bit about stoves.
    Best of wishes,
    Blaze

Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Nice to see you have assembled the kit that works for you.......cooking and boiling.
    Like the idea with the plastic bag corner to re-claim that precious fuel. Hate to waste a drop myself.
    Nice to own land. Working on your new place should be satisfying and a great deal of good outdoor work. Keep us in the loop on your progress.
    By the way....I just did a video on the companion burner for the BushBuddy. I have had one a while....a gift from book....but have not really messed with it much. some video fodder to come until I can get out on a trip. Been an odd winter for getting out in the hammock. missing it.
    All secure in sector seven,
    Shug
    If HF doesn’t ban me for it I, I will be more than glad to post how things progress along the way. I will sneak in a hammock here and there so......
    As for cooking, I must admit that boiling water is what I mostly do and still I bring the kit. Beets me why.
    Best,
    Blaze

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    WB tarps
    Insulation
    HG Down, PolarPod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gospidey View Post
    Yes, Please do a video of the shack building progress. You are living a dream of mine I probably will never be able to do. At least I can do it vicariously through your video postings.
    Least I can do is to take you along then. Will do my best.
    Blaze

Quote Originally Posted by dragon360 View Post
    As always a very enjoyable video Blaze! Interesting to see your cook kit break down. I tend to feel the same way - i have a really light setup but usually take out my more comfortable kit when out. Really hate to hear that there will possibly be no new videos for some time.

Good luck with the Property!
    The decision to have a break in the videos seems to have been overruled.
    Best,
    Blaze

Quote Originally Posted by Gustav View Post
    Blaze, As always, Great Video !! And thanks for sharing your cook kit with us. Hope you enjoy working on your house project And I will be looking for your next video !! Would like to see photos/videos on how your new home comes together
    Good Luck !
    Thanks Gustav. I will do my best to deliver.
    Blaze

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123