Friday night I set up my hammock and tarp to try the 1/4" landau foam I picked up. I used one piece which was 34 x 38 and a pieced 20 x 38 in the center for extra insulation for my torso. I had hoped it would be a weight saver, which it was but it seemed to wad-up and for some reason I got very wet. There was a lot of moisture between my bag, which got wet and the pads. I hung out the bag yesterday and let it dry. Last night I went back to my thermarest with SPE. It is 28" tall, has a pocket on each side with 8.5" x 32" pads of WM foam. This setup over the last 3 hangs has proved to be bulletproof. Both nights it got down to 34-36 degrees (hung thermometer from one of my hiking poles). I use a Kelty Cosmic Down 20 SB and with my SPE setup and I'm toasty. I had really hoped the 1/4" would be the ticket. Next will try 50"x 20" CCF Blue WM or Military surplus for torso and maybe a 20 x 36 for shoulders. Anyone have an alternative? That and zI can't believe how much condensation I get under my WL tarp.

Thanks