Ok, so after a full nights test, the Funky Forest tarp didn't do horrible although it does have on serious design flaw. Someone decided to put 3/4 inch webbing tie outs on the under side of the ridge line, possibly to hang stuff from?? These tie outs ended up becoming drip strips and through the night dripped all over me until I had three spots(there are three of these tie outs) the size of a basketball on my quilt and hammock. Soaked clear through. Not fun. So if I had one serious suggestion for The Travel Hammock company it is to remove these loops as they negate the seam tape on the underside. This morning I brought the tarp in, am going to let it dry, then I'll be removing the underside loops and resealing the ridge line seam. Its just a bit disappointing to see a decent product designed to keep you dry fail so miserably. Anyways, once I fix it it should be much better. Coverage wise it worked great, diamond shape and all, even in the hardcore downpour we had!
Sorry you got wet. SSince it hasn't rained here in awhile I haven't tested my tarp in the rain yet, but I was wondering about those loops underneath. It might be that the ridgeline seam wasn't sealed very good, I noticed seeing sunlight through the stitching of one of the loops on mine. I guess I will have to get some seam sealer a do some extra seam sealing.
That is frustrating.
I'm heading out this weekend for a first hang in my SB Pro. They're calling for 40% Chance of scattered T-Storms so I expect to test my Campmor tarp pretty well.
I might set my sons up on the square and mine on the diamond for a comparison.
I went ahead and removed the tabs on the underside, left the upper tabs as I like those ones. I then sealed the seam using McNett silnet as recommended, I've let it dry and will hopefully be able to test it tomorrow night. It definitely should work a lot better.