Bonefire™ Bridge
    Tarp
    Bonefire™ Shadow
    Insulation
    Bonefire™ UQ
    Suspension
    Bonefire™ Deluxe
    Images
    I like the idea of a sub 4oz chair for day hiking, but for backpacking even that would be too much weight. As far as lounging around camp, I'm not in camp until right at dark and out of camp right after it's light out (or as soon as I wake up) so a camp chair of any kind would not be used (I don't even use a ground sheet). If I'm going out with a bunch of buddies and not pushing miles, again, a sub 4oz chair might be more reasonable.
    I enjoyed the video and will check out your YouTube channel. Maybe I'll even subscribe. Thanks for doing this contest and trying to get more people into hammocking.
    -Jeremy "Brother Bones"
    Quote Originally Posted by FLRider View Post
    ...he's a mountain goat crossed with a marathoner.

Hammock
    Raven, SLD Streamliner
    Tarp
    Hanger11WB,WntrHvn
    Insulation
    HG,UGQ,JrB
    Suspension
    UCR's
    Images
    Pretty cool idea. I'd toss it in my pack for sure, rather set this up to take a break in the woods than my hammock. Doubt I'd even notice it in the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by FireInMyBones View Post
    I like the idea of a sub 4oz chair for day hiking, but for backpacking even that would be too much weight. As far as lounging around camp, I'm not in camp until right at dark and out of camp right after it's light out (or as soon as I wake up) so a camp chair of any kind would not be used (I don't even use a ground sheet). If I'm going out with a bunch of buddies and not pushing miles, again, a sub 4oz chair might be more reasonable.
    I enjoyed the video and will check out your YouTube channel. Maybe I'll even subscribe. Thanks for doing this contest and trying to get more people into hammocking.
    I hear that. My sister and Bro-In-Law were camping in Jackson Hole and a guy came in at dark-thirty and asked if he could pitch his tent with them for safety reasons (he looked about 60 and was beat exhausted so he didnt seem like a threat.) so they said yeah.

He pitched his tent, cooked his dinner and was out all in about 30 minutes. he was even gone the next morning way before dawn. They said they never heard him leave.

So if you are a destination hiker, you may not have the time to even relax other than in your sleeping-hammock. Makes perfect sense. But for the scenic hiker, and those of us that have a few hours before we turn in (we usually stay up till 1am or so just Hanging out" (pun intended) and having a good time, I love the hammock chair.

Thanks for the comments FireInMyBones. Hike safely.

Hammock
    HHBPUL, DD Frontline
    Tarp
    Stock Hennessy Tar
    Insulation
    Exped 9 DLX
    Suspension
    Big Butt Whoopies
    I like the idea of having one for lounging in with dirty/damp gear still on, both in camp and for breaks on trail, as well as for gear storage. A bush chair is more portable for camp use (eg. around the fire) but involves procuring and lashing appropriate branch poles for set up.

So heck yeah,! Carry one! No need to be a couch potatoe when you can be a bear burritto.

I enjoyed your informal, good natured banter and look forward to more vids and winning one of your great prizes you are offering.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Chinook 12 x 9.6
    Insulation
    Mummy bag
    Suspension
    UCR's
    Images
    I like the looks of that chair! Nice place to stow your pack too. I like keeping mine closer if possible, especially if the weather goes bad. Looks like I was subscriber 24!

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat
    Insulation
    3/4
    Suspension
    Strap Cinch buckle
    made one myself also I can use it as a bushchair with tripod. I can't make whoopies so I did a single prusic like knot I copied from a friend

Hammock
    Bonefire™ Bridge
    Tarp
    Bonefire™ Shadow
    Insulation
    Bonefire™ UQ
    Suspension
    Bonefire™ Deluxe
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GA_HammockGuy View Post
    ...for the scenic hiker, and those of us that have a few hours before we turn in (we usually stay up till 1am or so just Hanging out" (pun intended) and having a good time, I love the hammock chair.

Thanks for the comments FireInMyBones. Hike safely.
    I agree. If I'm slumin' it with my dad or one of my slow friends, or hiking in a cooler: I love the idea.

And thank you for the well, wishes, my wife and I appreciate them. She likes it when I return home in one piece.
    -Jeremy "Brother Bones"
    Quote Originally Posted by FLRider View Post
    ...he's a mountain goat crossed with a marathoner.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12