WBBB, D.I.Y. KSSH
    Tarp
    ZPacks
    Insulation
    H.G. & Warbonnet
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Dutch

ZPacks Diamond Asym CF Tarp

Have not had a chance to go out with it yet, but I did finagle it up in the living room to get a quick idea of the coverage. After looking at a few Diamond Asym tarps, seeing how well they actually do cover, I contacted Joe over at ZPacks to whip me up one. Love how small it packs down, really loving the weight. The tarp with tie outs & sealed weigh in at 3.6 oz. I also only need two stakes. For two Lawson 7" ti stakes - 0.5 oz. So total weight for tarp, tieouts, & stakes, 4.1 oz.

I plan on using this for my 3 season/summer tarp. After walking around it while setup in the living room, the rain would have to drive in almost sideways to actually come close to the hammock on the long sides of the tarp. Joe tape sealed all the seams, so no seam sealing required when it arrived. In the pic of the tarp deployed, you can see the foot end of the WBBB, my feet would actually go away from this long side of the tarp and be covered by the short side, and my head would be lying around the short side shown. I can also bring the tarp down closer to the hammock for more coverage & really get cover.

First pic is the tarp with an iPhone 4 on top just to give somewhat of a size reference. To the right of the tarp is a Cloud Kilt, next to it is my breathable CF rain jacket from ZPacks also. Second pic is my string up in the living room, entry side of the WBBB. Hopefully this weekend I can get out and test it, I'll also try to get a quick video showing a little more detail.
    Attached Images Attached Images

• + New Posts