WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by TFC Rick View Post
    That's because GD is trying to make you stop snoring. I get the same treatment at home.
    Ohhh my...might have ruptured something laughing at that.

Sleep # bed here too (from a waterbed BTW Cannibal) and love it. I am going to need a major foot surgery soon and my bride actually agreed to me bringing the Byer Vario and Traveler into the living room to convalesce for the three months of non weight bearing with foot elevation it will take. Almost fainted when she agreed. I'll get a better idea of how the Sleep # compares after that.

Hammock
    TTTM single
    Tarp
    MacCat Ultra
    Insulation
    sleeping bag
    Suspension
    rope and straps
    Curiously googled sleep number beds and I'm shocked about it's prices non spreader bar hammock are really ten times cheaper and gives I think no less of sleeping comfort.
    If to blow those big ole $$$$ I'll choose WBBB with Incubator/Burrow first hand
    Ride fast
    Live fun

Hammock
    Too many to list
    Tarp
    Cuben with doors
    Insulation
    FlThrwr UQ+DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies + straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Law Dawg (ret) View Post
    Sleep # bed here too (from a waterbed BTW Cannibal) and love it. I am going to need a major foot surgery soon and my bride actually agreed to me bringing the Byer Vario and Traveler into the living room to convalesce for the three months of non weight bearing with foot elevation it will take. Almost fainted when she agreed. I'll get a better idea of how the Sleep # compares after that.
    Interesting, LD. Best of luck with the surgery and I'll be interested to hear how switching from a sleep number bed to a full-time hammock goes. Cheers!
    "Pips"
    Mountains have a dreamy way
    Of folding up a noisy day
    In quiet covers, cool and gray.

---Leigh Buckner Hanes

Surely, God could have made a better way to sleep.

Surely, God never did.

I just hung a hammock in the bedroom - i too noticed the huge difference in how my back felt after the couple nights in a hammock - pain free. Couple eye bolts in studs, carabiners-to-whoopie-to-hammock. During the day i can just unclip one side and it hangs behind the bathroom door Wife at first was leary but after realizing its really just the eye hooks, she's ok with it Hope the comfort holds up - my back needs it!!

Hammock
    DYI, ENO DB, HH
    Tarp
    Varies
    Insulation
    WOOL
    Suspension
    STOCK
    I suggest trying the Sleep Number Bed out before you take one home.
    I bought a Sleep Number Bed and it made my back hurt worse, I could not adjust to it.
    I did buy a TempurPedic. I love it, it did take some adjustment after sleeping in a recliner for a long time.

I went to a Pain Management Clinic, about half the 26 people attending had Sleep Number Beds and the other half had TempurPedic. Only two people had old beds and three had H2O beds.

Sleep Number beds are expensive if you need to replace anything on them. I wanted to replace the cover on the bed I bought for my 90 year old mother. $250 plus shipping and handling.

I suggest try them in the store, read a book while trying them out. If your back hurts one or the other will probably work for you. You will know pretty quick which one works for your body.

I still have my twin bed if someone wants it. I can not stand to use it.

Hammock
    Skeeter Beater Pro
    Tarp
    WB Super Fly Camo
    Insulation
    DIY PLUQ w/Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Sleep Number bed here. 65 is my #. Been sleeping on it for 6 years and love it. Check some hotel chains. Some have Sleep #''s and some have Tempurpedic's. Best way to try them out.
    "Earth and sky, woods and fields, lakes and rivers, the mountain and the sea, are excellent schoolmasters, and teach some of us more than we can ever learn from books."

Hammock
    DYI, ENO DB, HH
    Tarp
    Varies
    Insulation
    WOOL
    Suspension
    STOCK
    Motel sounds like a way to try the beds in privacy, good idea. I find it difficult to check out beds in the stores.

TempurPedic, changes softness with the type of bedding used, less bedding makes a softer bed, more bedding like an added mattress cover or Woolie makes for a little firmer bed. I found my bed to require a breakin period. Kind of odd material. Now I love the bed. I have a travel mattress, for motel rooms.

Hammock
    Clark NX-150
    Tarp
    Vertex 10 X 10
    Insulation
    50*F Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Just wanted to say Thanks for all the suggestions, I ended up getting an i7 Sleep Number Bed and after thousands of dollars I am down to only 2 spots of mild discomfort in the morning, compared to many painful spots, a cracking back and neck with head aches everyday, it is a blessing. Not as good as my hammock of course, but it's getting there, just have to hone down on my number somewhere around 35 and 40.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12