JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images

JRB at Outfitters near you.

Ok folks here is your chance.

Jacks 'R' Better,LLC will be an exhibitor at the Outdoor Retailers Summer Show August 7-10 at Salt lake City, Utah.

For those of you not familiar with the OR show, this is where all the major and rising gear manufactures exhibit for the outdoor industry retailers to view next years line... It is a major event that frequently determines what is carried in the outfitter shops and outdoor sporting good stores all over the country. It is not availble to the general public but is attended by almost all of the industry representatives to include the industry media.

The Jacks R Better booth number is ESA 440. The location is in the annex with other first time exhibitors.

During the next month JRB will be sending specific invitations to selected retailers and media to stop by our booth.

IF you want to see JRB quilts, the Bear mountain Bridge Hammock, JRB tarps and other JRB products at your favorite outdoor retailer; now, is the time to get involved. Store owners and managers pay attention to their customers.
    Let them know that you would like them to carry JRB gear and that JRB will be at the OR show. Feel free to give them our booth number. Even better, follow up your referral with a note to us citing the outfitter, owners name and address and JRB will send them a personal professional invitation to visit at the show.

Now in our fifth year, JRB quilts number in the thousands. The current 17 models of stlyes and sizes will be joined this Fall with an 18th model, an all new design, 0-10 degree capable under quilt. The unique Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock has debuted. United States based production capacity has been developed and assured. A national print media and internet advertising campaign was initiated in 2008. JRB fully expects to be in outdoor retail establishments for 2009.

You and your friends may be the primary influence on wheather or not JRB products are available to you locally. Hammocks are a long way from main stream, but growing. Jacks 'R' Better is dedicated not just to making hammocking but to making four season hammocking a viable main stream camping style. Help us to help you and our community. Let your outdoor retailer know what you want.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images
    Hey Jacks! Congratulations. I hope it's a good show for you and that you get lots and lots of "paying customers" to your booth!

Images
    Pan,
    Having gear that works is one of the keys to successful outdoor adventures...and your stuff easily falls into that catagory. Congratulations for having gotten to where you are, and good luck going to where you want to be. Don't forget about us little guys when you're rich, famous and featured on the cover of BackPacker magazine.
    DTE
    Sometimes even a Blind Hog finds an Acorn

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DougTheElder View Post
    Pan,
    Having gear that works is one of the keys to successful outdoor adventures...and your stuff easily falls into that catagory. Congratulations for having gotten to where you are, and good luck going to where you want to be. Don't forget about us little guys when you're rich, famous and featured on the cover of BackPacker magazine.
    DTE
    Yep gonna go from the cottage to the mansion. Just kiddin
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    featured on the cover of BackPacker magazine.
    DTE

Given the general consensus... would that be a good thing?
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Images
    Hey Rev, I guess it depends on your point of view...you and I are in the same general age category, and it's typical of some of us of this age to be slightly resistant to change (conservative?). So...if you consider that hanging may become a merely ordinary hiking and camping alternative, that there will be more and more upstart experts that think they know everything (after all, I've been in this game almost a full year, and Man, I'm out there on the leading edge of the curve!) and that there may be a lot of new products relating to hammocks that are not really viable-just something to market for a fast buck from the unsuspecting- then, yeah, it may not be so good to make hammocking a widely available alternative without all newcomers first consulting with the experts on HF. On the other hand, by being able to increase production of what is a genuinely fine product (not the only one, but, certainly one that gets the job done and is an extremely good value at any price) at an increased economy of scale, prices may moderate, or, the Jacks may become so filthy rich that they can continue to innovate and bring more quality products to the hammocking community. I have no doubt that they will continue to exercise the same level of conscience for providing quality products and service that they have in the past. I wish them all the success in the world, regardless of which direction they go. I'm just glad they were around and had done the trial and error research when I started hanging...this is the first time I have been able to increase my comfort level in hiking and camping...BH (Before Hammocks) the emphasis was on decreasing discomfort. And, who knows,maybe that picture on the cover of BackPacker will feature some old arthritic dude resting his bones in the shade of the old oak tree!!!! Fame, if not fortune, at last!!!!!

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    oh now wait... I wish JRB all the best and I am so glad they are doing well... My tongue was firmly planted in my cheek when I wondered "aloud" if Backpacker Mag is the kind of publicity they really want. hehehe I would love to see them become better known. No question about it. But let's shoot for a higher quality fame and fortune venue for them.... Like, well I mean even People Magazine might be better.... Or maybe... just maybe there will be a REAL outdoors magazine emerge which has decent editors and respected gear experts to give JRB and the other small gear folks the word they DESERVE.

My comment was not in any way aimed at JRB... it was aimed solely at Backpacker Mag.

May JRB experience the Dr. Hook phenomena... "We keep getting richer but we can't get our picture on the cover of the "Rolling Stone."
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Images
    Well said!!! And I couldn't agree with you more. Too often I get my tongue stuck in my cheek and I can't seem to get it out. Kinda like that TV commercial where she falls and can't get up. Maybe us old folks need a tongue-in-cheek alarm!!!! A sense of humor is a terrible thing to waste!!!

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Well said!!! And I couldn't agree with you more. Too often I get my tongue stuck in my cheek and I can't seem to get it out. Kinda like that TV commercial where she falls and can't get up. Maybe us old folks need a tongue-in-cheek alarm!!!! A sense of humor is a terrible thing to waste!!!

Hi all,

Thanks for the kind votes of appreciation... We sure like Hanging with ya'll too.....

As to the Tongue in Cheek.... FWIW, last time my joke was mistook I learned the best course is always to attach a big grin or winky smile...

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    DIY Speer style
    Tarp
    Hallelujah
    Insulation
    "Sto" Serape & RRG
    Images
    Dang - I thought you were going to invite all of us to Utah and offer to pay the air fare..

That's great! I'll let the B'ham outfitter know. But, what about the on-line retailers, campmor, rei, and others?

I've spent WAY TOO MUCH money with the on-liners because the local guy never seems to have what I want. I have also spent WAY TOO MUCH money with the local guy for shoes and socks and clothes, etc....

Back on topic - that's GREAT for you! Based on the quality of your designs and workmanship, I'm sure that you will get more business than you ever dreamed of.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast