Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images

Video:CadesCoveLoop, DangerBird,Wet Baking

First real time in the DangerBird...it really is an awesome rig...in this vid you'll see it used in another mode, the only other fully netted hammock that can do this that I know of is the Switchback.
    Nothing major on the cycle around the loop except DONT DO IT when we did it, wait until the cars get blocked beginning in May, I tried to keep the cars out of the vid but there were tons of them.
    Wet baking-now this is cool and the results were impressive for what it is...anyway the vid:

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    Chinook 9.6x9.6
    Insulation
    AH New River UQ
    Suspension
    Came with the BB
    Images
    Great trip, thanks for sharing. I missed out on the Pea Pod thing, maybe someone else will reintroduce it or something similar.
    The deer don't seem to be spooked do they?

Thanks for the trip report.
    I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority. - E. B. White (1899 - 1985)

Hammock
    El dorado
    Tarp
    Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing/buckles
    Love me some Cades Cove and riding a bike is the best way to really take in the loop!

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    AHE/WL/DiY
    Suspension
    straps and stuff
    Good stuff. Even recognized that curve around the cove where my brother wiped out his bike many years ago. Any comments from the rangers about your hammocks? I was thinking that in the frontcountry campsites they might be more particular about your staying on the pads, but maybe not. Looks like a good time, thanks for sharing.

Hammock
    El dorado
    Tarp
    Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing/buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Rust View Post
    Good stuff. Even recognized that curve around the cove where my brother wiped out his bike many years ago. Any comments from the rangers about your hammocks? I was thinking that in the frontcountry campsites they might be more particular about your staying on the pads, but maybe not. Looks like a good time, thanks for sharing.
    I stayed 5 nights there last summer and had no problems.

Good vid MM, thanks for the upclose of the DB and the different modes.

Hammock
    HH Explorer, Exped, WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Edge,MacCat Mic
    Insulation
    Phoenix, Incubator
    Suspension
    Stock
    Beautiful country there. I want to try muffins without having to use my muffin pan in a pot. Where those baking cups some kind of fancy silicone, or just paper ones?

Hammock
    Crinkle Custom
    Tarp
    HH
    Insulation
    brrr
    Suspension
    Whoopies, Straps
    Thanks for posting, I really like seeing papa smurf hammocks. I'm still trying to make up my mind on what to get .
    "What one Man can do, another can do!"
    Jons4real

http://www.youtube.com/user/jons4real

Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    Several rangers slowed down, not a word said. Did talk to one about the boar..he said they'd resolved/policy wise even to never being able to eradicat...he was toting serious shotgunnage.
    Silicon cups made for baking. I used them in the Bushcooker LT1 in 'real' baking mode...this method I think is far lighter and will be a treat someday when you've got the time to do 'em right, which I'm thinking is around 40 minutes.
    The campground wasn't crowded and one big loop was closed but the traffic was non stop and we all know how drivers feel about cyclists. Def. going back in May to hit the loop twice before the cars come in--this trying to get ready for the Katy with lots of saddle time...so will have to be at the gate at sunup
    The more I think about the DangerBird the more I love it....SO WIDE and with the overcover to be the same weight of the BB....and as shown the benefit of being able to use the peapod is just another plus.
    Glad you guys enjoyed.

Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    Pretty good tour of your camp site set up. Thanks for the bike cam view. When I learned to use clipless, I fell off something like 32 times. Stuck them on the bike, then went straight out and did a muddy track which followed along the side of a creek – badish idea. The people I went with seemed to enjoy watching me fall off, one of them started counting, which got a bit annoying when the count got up over the twenty mark and I was wet, muddy, and all busted up. Now I know not to learn to use them in the mud or wet, and I know to loosen them right off and spray them with lube. The map of the loop was good. The simmer mode is a great idea, and yes, they were some **** fine looking muffins you had there! Thanks for the trip report and I hope your training and ride go well!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast