Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    GoLiteTQ/3SPhoenix
    Suspension
    DG whoopies + MSH
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stairguy View Post
    Have 2 12x12, seam taped, never used,SG tarps, from last year. $ 20.00 pc/+shipping. One taken out of bag and restuffed. One in bag as of yet unremoved.
    Are you offering these for sale? PM sent to keep this thread on topic of the current GG tarps.

Hammock
    Byers mosq trav, tablecloth
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Eno Hotspot, pluq
    Suspension
    huggers, Byers
    seems a little odd they would claim to measure on the diagonal and show a picture of it being used otherwise. I got the offer of return or $5 coupon. If it was 10 I could return and buy the "16". So, I've got an 8 x 10 equinox I bought for $30 plus tax and an 8.5 x 8.5 for $20 plus 7 shipping. Both need sealing, the GG has tie outs (but not for A frame). Decisions, decisions.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetmusic View Post
    Like others I emailed customer service over the weekend. Just got a reply which does not seem especially helpful - there is NO acknowledgement that the tarp may be the wrong size:

Dear ,

Thank you for your email.

I would suggest that you wait for the item to arrive you may not need to get the next size. We do have many still available in the 16X16 if you need it. We can send you a return label to send the merchandise back for a refund. Then you can place a new order for the next size needed.
    If you have any other questions please contact us.

Thanks for shopping Bargain Outfitters!

Denise Mahoney
    Customer Service
    This seems like a reasonable resolution to the problem - though I will complain mightily if I don't have factory-taped seams when I get my 16 x 16 - that's false advertising.

Hammock
    Den Mother DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly/Noah's 12
    Insulation
    leighlo UQ-DIY TQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stairguy View Post
    Have 2 12x12, seam taped, never used,SG tarps, from last year. $ 20.00 pc/+shipping. One taken out of bag and restuffed. One in bag as of yet unremoved.
    PM's sent with question. thanks.

This tarp business is wearing me out. Time for a bowl of ice cream and Firefly

Hammock
    HH Exp Asym Zip
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Webing
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast 71 View Post
    Has anyone ever had another vendor measure tarps like this? It sounds like B.S. I've been a customer of their's for years, its a local company and I've been treated well by them, so I don't think that they are willfully trying to screw people. But either they have been screwed by their supplier or their product is mismarked. Either way I believe that it's their problem to fix without any further charges to the buyers. If I didn't get proper satisfaction on a resolution, I'd stop payment and if they wanted their tarps back, I'd tell them to ship me a prepaid box for it.
    No one at SG/BO was defending this method of measuring a tarp. Kathy, whom I spoke with, seemed to not be aware they were not standard 12' square tarps until she went and measured one after receiving all the calls from dissatisfied customers. I truly think that the manufacturer decided this was a way to put one over on both SG/BO and the consumers and didn't even tell SG/BO that they had decided on the "new" way of measuring a 12x12 tarp.

They have offered to send me a prepaid label to ship the tarps back to them as well as a full refund (including shipping). To me this indicates a desire to make things right and I will be sending the 2 I ordered back on their dime as I want/need to be able to hang them "normally", not on the diagonal.

Hammock
    Crinkle Custom
    Tarp
    HH
    Insulation
    brrr
    Suspension
    Whoopies, Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by toddhunter View Post
    seems a little odd they would claim to measure on the diagonal and show a picture of it being used otherwise. I got the offer of return or $5 coupon. If it was 10 I could return and buy the "16". So, I've got an 8 x 10 equinox I bought for $30 plus tax and an 8.5 x 8.5 for $20 plus 7 shipping. Both need sealing, the GG has tie outs (but not for A frame). Decisions, decisions.
    Where did you buy a equinox 8x10 for $30?
    Last edited by jons4real; 03-19-2012 at 21:56.
    "What one Man can do, another can do!"
    Jons4real

http://www.youtube.com/user/jons4real

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike210 View Post
    No one at SG/BO was defending this method of measuring a tarp. Kathy, whom I spoke with, seemed to not be aware they were not standard 12' square tarps until she went and measured one after receiving all the calls from dissatisfied customers. I truly think that the manufacturer decided this was a way to put one over on both SG/BO and the consumers and didn't even tell SG/BO that they had decided on the "new" way of measuring a 12x12 tarp.

They have offered to send me a prepaid label to ship the tarps back to them as well as a full refund (including shipping). To me this indicates a desire to make things right and I will be sending the 2 I ordered back on their dime as I want/need to be able to hang them "normally", not on the diagonal.
    I'm fine with this outcome, as long as there are still 16'x16' tarps available for me to purchase. It's still a reasonable price for a starter 4-season tarp.

Hammock
    The Kayak
    Tarp
    Exped scoutextreme
    Insulation
    HG UQ, Keltydownsb
    Suspension
    WHOOPIE & Tre Strp
    Very sad about this development was looking forward to this. Guess I will have to do the diy project I have been putting off.

Hammock
    DIY GE
    Tarp
    12'x9'
    Insulation
    DIY IX UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    It's rather curious that, even though they now know the true size, they still have the same wording on both sites.

Disappointed as I ordered a 16 * 16 which is a tough size to find for a reasonable price. A relevant point to make to SG is that if you are going to use diagonal measurments on a rectangular tarp both are the same, and it tells you nothing about the actual length to width ratio of the tarp, e.g. an approx 15 * 2 tarp would be 16 * 16.

• + New Posts
  • Page 27 of 57 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast