Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

pro force jungle hammock

anyone try a proforce jungle hammock? any good? was thinking the price is decent .

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Proforce Jungle Hammock
    Never heard of it, although there have been a handful of hammocks brought up recently that are 'new to me'. I vote you give it a go and review it for the rest of us.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12'
    Insulation
    Snugpak
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    looks like a nice hang to me... like cannibal said, give it atey and tell us how it is
    The Urban Outdoorsman- inspiring people to get out and enjoy the great outdoors

View my blog here- http://cityoutdoorsman.wordpress.com

Instagram: Nature_Pro_Pics
    Twitter: @cityoutdoorsman

just ordered one for my son.will give it a review when i receive it .it sounds good .price is nice.

Hammock
    Skeeter Beater Pro
    Tarp
    WB Super Fly Camo
    Insulation
    DIY PLUQ w/Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Looks like a skeeter beater to me. No spec's on the website. Curious on how much it weighs.
    "Earth and sky, woods and fields, lakes and rivers, the mountain and the sea, are excellent schoolmasters, and teach some of us more than we can ever learn from books."

28 oz. is what i read on a review of it.

o.k. just arrived in the mail. 1 day earlier than quoted. it comes in a army green bag, has a zipper that goes around the front and netting on the front with plastic on the back with a picture of the hammock.it says its 9 ft. long x 4 ft 8 in. wide.weight capacity 400 pounds ! product weight 28 oz.comes with what they are calling a suspension attachment system. consisting of 550 cords with knots spaced to allow for various attachment points and distances from the tree or post to the hammock.hmmm, sounds easy enough.
    now to take it out of its bag....ok its in a drawstring army green bag made of a nice soft parachute type material. oh wow it stuffs in its own bag thats attached to the hammock. pretty cool ! comes with 2 bundles of 550 cord and 2 carabiners.actual climbing carabiners. nice, nice.mosquito netting is a fine nice dark green color.i like that.the zipper pulls are steel, the zippers are nylon. decent quality. triple stitching on the netting where it attaches to the hammock.single stitching where the zippers attach to the hammock. kind of not so good in my books there.
    triple stitched at the ends where the 550 cord is and the carabiner attaches to two loops in the cord.i had to heat the ends of the cord cause they left them frayed.well actually they did burn the ends, just one side wasnt done very well.
    has a little single stitched pocket in the netting and 4 single stitched loops in the netting for running a cord through to keep it up off of you.the netting seems decent enough after pulling on it. has decent stretch.without tearing.the parachute material feels nice and soft.
    o.k. itll be a couple days until i can get a day off. but ill set up this and my claytor jungle hammock this monday.and post some more pics.now ill be honest, the claytor is built like a tank compared to this one. that single stitching doesnt thrill me at all.but, it was pretty cheap 54.00 total to my door ! i know how to sew so if that single stiching here and there becomes a problem, well no problem .it looks a lot like the grand trunk skeeter beeter. except for the darker netting. i dont have a grand trunk to compare it to so i dont know how the stitching is on those. i will say theres no loose threads you hear so much about on some of the higher end hammocks. i think my son will enjoy it. he will be trying it out monday. see ya then....take care.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    BIAS Hiker Lite Teal/Black
    Tarp
    GG Emergency Shltr
    Insulation
    Leighlo UQ
    Suspension
    BIAS standard kit
    Quote Originally Posted by kacz2664 View Post
    it says its 9 ft. long x 4 ft 8 in. wide.weight capacity 400 pounds ! product weight 28 oz.comes with what they are calling a suspension attachment system. consisting of 550 cords with knots spaced to allow for various attachment points and distances from the tree or post to the hammock.hmmm, sounds easy enough.
    That's a lot of weight for a bad suspension system and a short, narrow hammock. It must be very thick, durable fabric. I am not knocking it... just noting that those specs make it look on the heavy side. By contrast, the SBP's specs:
    Weighs 27 ounces
    Measures 10.5 feet long by 5 feet wide

That's a foot and a half longer, four inches wider and an ounce lighter. Must be lighter/thinner fabric.

Thanks kacz2664 for posting the info!
    --
    www.buttinasling.com
    Now carrying the Mini Tattoo Stove!
    Light weight. Low prices. Great gear.

i think the wieght is in the carabiners. they are steel

Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Quote Originally Posted by kacz2664 View Post
    o.k. just arrived in the mail. 1 day earlier than quoted. it comes in a army green bag, has a zipper that goes around the front and netting on the front with plastic on the back with a picture of the hammock.it says its 9 ft. long x 4 ft 8 in. wide.weight capacity 400 pounds ! product weight 28 oz.comes with what they are calling a suspension attachment system. consisting of 550 cords with knots spaced to allow for various attachment points and distances from the tree or post to the hammock.hmmm, sounds easy enough.
    now to take it out of its bag....ok its in a drawstring army green bag made of a nice soft parachute type material. oh wow it stuffs in its own bag thats attached to the hammock. pretty cool ! comes with 2 bundles of 550 cord and 2 carabiners.actual climbing carabiners. nice, nice.mosquito netting is a fine nice dark green color.i like that.the zipper pulls are steel, the zippers are nylon. decent quality. triple stitching on the netting where it attaches to the hammock.single stitching where the zippers attach to the hammock. kind of not so good in my books there.
    triple stitched at the ends where the 550 cord is and the carabiner attaches to two loops in the cord.i had to heat the ends of the cord cause they left them frayed.well actually they did burn the ends, just one side wasnt done very well.
    has a little single stitched pocket in the netting and 4 single stitched loops in the netting for running a cord through to keep it up off of you.the netting seems decent enough after pulling on it. has decent stretch.without tearing.the parachute material feels nice and soft.
    o.k. itll be a couple days until i can get a day off. but ill set up this and my claytor jungle hammock this monday.and post some more pics.now ill be honest, the claytor is built like a tank compared to this one. that single stitching doesnt thrill me at all.but, it was pretty cheap 54.00 total to my door ! i know how to sew so if that single stiching here and there becomes a problem, well no problem .it looks a lot like the grand trunk skeeter beeter. except for the darker netting. i dont have a grand trunk to compare it to so i dont know how the stitching is on those. i will say theres no loose threads you hear so much about on some of the higher end hammocks. i think my son will enjoy it. he will be trying it out monday. see ya then....take care.
    Wow, so far a really nice, clear write up. Thanks!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast