BIAS Hiker Lite Teal/Black
    Tarp
    GG Emergency Shltr
    Insulation
    Leighlo UQ
    Suspension
    BIAS standard kit
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwik512 View Post
    Wow, What an awesome bunch of folks, I had a great, but short time meeting you all and look forward to seeing you all again (Quarterly Hang ??). Kudos to the Butt In A Sling guys (Brian / Shane) and the Reelfoot Park staff for setting this up and taking care of us. I missed out on the moonlight paddle trip and the pot luck dinner but, maybe next time...
    I had a ball! Thanks, Qwik512, for joining us. We'll get a trip report up soon. tncamper has pics, too.
    --
    www.buttinasling.com
    Now carrying the Mini Tattoo Stove!
    Light weight. Low prices. Great gear.

Hammock
    Hammeck Netty
    Tarp
    HG dyneema/MacCat
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images

Thumbs up GREAT weekend!

I'm not sure if this link will work (not expert enough at Flickr), but here goes--

Rain Man's Flickr album of the Reelfoot Lake hang trip

I rarely set my Flickr albums to "public," especially when posting photos of other people, but I think by sharing this link, you can access it directly even though it is set to "private." Let me know if not and I'll change it.

It was a great weekend get-away for my family and me. We really thank Brian and Shane for organizing the whole thing. I apologize for continually getting their names mixed up, but fully blame them for the confusion, after each told me to just remember he was the good lookin' one of the two! (just kidding)

I think camping out and doing a canoe/kayak float on a lake was a first for our Panamanian "daughter," Juana, but she really enjoyed it. You can tell by her smiles in many of the photos.

I also enjoyed seeing everyone's hammock setups and the discussions about hammock gear, manufacturers, DIY stuff, and more. Gives me ideas!

Rain Man

"You can stand tall without standing on someone. You can be a victor without having victims." --Harriet Woods

http://www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker

We had a great time even if it was hot. The guided paddling trip was awesome along with the Birds of Prey show Friday night. Not sure how many bites I got but it was worth it. The pot luck dinner was great with lots of good food to eat.

It was a great trip with lots of good folks. Looking forward to it again but maybe this time in the winter. I took lots of pics so I will try to get them up later on this evening
    'Classic.' A book which people praise and don't read.” ― Mark Twain

Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

There are times that the only way you can do something is to do it alone.

Hammock
    BIAS camper, WW DL
    Insulation
    Diy syn. UQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Finally had a chance to break away from the injector last night an post some pics.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

My daughter and I both had a blast. (even with the skeeters) Good fun with Great people. That was my first night paddling experience and I'm gonna have to do that again.
    It'll be alright Friday!

Check us out at www.buttinasling.com

[email protected]

Hammock
    DIY DL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    AHE New River
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    A friend and I are going to Reelfoot in a few weeks. Would you guys recommend the north or south campgrounds? I'll probably be the only one hanging since I've yet to convert my ground dwelling buddy so the more trees the merrier.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein

Hammock
    BIAS camper, WW DL
    Insulation
    Diy syn. UQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by toygun View Post
    A friend and I are going to Reelfoot in a few weeks. Would you guys recommend the north or south campgrounds? I'll probably be the only one hanging since I've yet to convert my ground dwelling buddy so the more trees the merrier.
    There is by far less traffic at the north campground.(Airpark) The primitive section is at the back left. There were several good spots for a few hangers, but not a ton. If your going to fish, everyone said to go to the south lake. Also, buy your crickets before you get there. You'll save a few bucks. The bath house was clean, but HOT. There is no vent for the building and every shower heated it up that much more. We had a great time up there and I'll definitely be going back. There is a very short trail to the right as you go into the campgrounds just passed the old restaurant. Follow the mowed path to it.

Hope this helps
    It'll be alright Friday!

Check us out at www.buttinasling.com

[email protected]

Hammock
    DIY DL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    AHE New River
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tncamper View Post
    There is by far less traffic at the north campground.(Airpark) The primitive section is at the back left. There were several good spots for a few hangers, but not a ton. If your going to fish, everyone said to go to the south lake. Also, buy your crickets before you get there. You'll save a few bucks. The bath house was clean, but HOT. There is no vent for the building and every shower heated it up that much more. We had a great time up there and I'll definitely be going back. There is a very short trail to the right as you go into the campgrounds just passed the old restaurant. Follow the mowed path to it.

Hope this helps
    This helps tremendously. Thanks a ton! We may stop off at Pickwick for a night as well on the way back south. Looking forward to the dirt.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein

Hammock
    ENO single--sofar
    Tarp
    JBR 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    1/2 inch foam pad
    Suspension
    ENO Slap Strap
    Images
    Dates?? If there isn't a tree I built a hammock stand from http://www.imrisk.com/hammockstand/hammockstand.htm
    to use.
    "We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children".
    Unknown Haida Indian Saying

Hammock
    ENO single--sofar
    Tarp
    JBR 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    1/2 inch foam pad
    Suspension
    ENO Slap Strap
    Images
    Missed another one. :-(
    "We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children".
    Unknown Haida Indian Saying

• + New Posts
  • Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789