Hammock
    Hyperlite & Claytor JH
    Tarp
    SWT
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, CCF & BA
    Images

First 3-nights in JH w/SWT

OK I've broken in my Claytor JH. First night in the backyard w/CCF pads was restless and cold feet. So I broke out the JRB Nest for a BP trip to the mountains knowing it would be cooler. Nest worked GREAT ..except for when I twisted sideway and opened up a air gap between Nest and JH. Has anyone tried sewing velcro along the JH and Nest to get a better seal?

SWT is awesome! Well maybe it's because this was my first experience with a large Silnylon tarp? But it did the job and then some. Do folks leave the guys attached to tarps when storing them or unattached?

Our camping location was our usual favorite spot a top Mt Herman at 9054' ASL with 1500' shear drop off looking East. Weather was a perfect 70F and sunny with a light shower on Saturday PM. Youtube video tells the rest of the story. Note: The video is mostly about my goats and ham radio Field Day but there's some JH & SWT in it.

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    Cool video.

I leave the guy lines attached. I made some removable guy lines using both flag hooks and/or mitten hooks for quick disconnet from the tarp if nee be.

EDIT:

I gotta ask....Do the goats stay with you while you hike? They don't have a tendency to run off?
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by goatman View Post
    OK I've broken in my Claytor JH. First night in the backyard w/CCF pads was restless and cold feet. So I broke out the JRB Nest for a BP trip to the mountains knowing it would be cooler. Nest worked GREAT ..except for when I twisted sideway and opened up a air gap between Nest and JH. Has anyone tried sewing velcro along the JH and Nest to get a better seal?

SWT is awesome! Well maybe it's because this was my first experience with a large Silnylon tarp? But it did the job and then some. Do folks leave the guys attached to tarps when storing them or unattached?

Our camping location was our usual favorite spot a top Mt Herman at 9054' ASL with 1500' shear drop off looking East. Weather was a perfect 70F and sunny with a light shower on Saturday PM. Youtube video tells the rest of the story. Note: The video is mostly about my goats and ham radio Field Day but there's some JH & SWT in it.

great videoneo
    the matrix has you

Hammock
    ENO/tablecloth
    Tarp
    wb superfly
    Insulation
    yeti,peapod(1st v
    Suspension
    whoopies treestrap
    i love your goats!!! they are a hoot!!!!
    Peanuts

"A womans place is on the trail"

Hammock
    Hyperlite & Claytor JH
    Tarp
    SWT
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, CCF & BA
    Images
    I gotta ask....Do the goats stay with you while you hike? They don't have a tendency to run off?
    Yep, They hang with me where ever I go! (oops they are ground sleepers) It's their herd instinct. They see me as their alpha goat. Rooster the big 200lb goat tried to butt me once and I immediately flipped him over and sat on him until he stopped squirming and gave in. Ever since they both see as the alpha goat. It's a dominance thing. Best part is they don't bark, bite or chase and I don't have to bring any special food other than some grain treats when camping. They can go for days without water like a camel. Great trail buddies.

OK back to tarps ...I like the D-rings Madcat tarps for quick snap hook disconnects etc. But I'd have to unstetch the loops on the SWT to install them? Also I notice the parachute chord I'm using is over kill and too heavy! What is a good lightweight cord to use for tarps? I tried some mason line but it to light?

Tks Steve

Hammock
    CLARK NX-200 / Clark NA /Warbonnet
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    cq cq de N9DIV calling cq field day did that allot sunday as I was out of town on saturday when it started. Love the video and the goats after thinking about this for a day or two I had written an email to you about your goats I found you name on your goat page somehow. I hope you got allot of contacts with good mulitplyers.

Do you have a claytor jungle hammock or a clark jungle hammock was thrown off by the forum that this is stuck under which is Clark jungle hammocks.

I love the video it was great and I heard a few calls that I got on 20meter ssb as well.

take care

73's de N9DIV da da dit da

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    Man that is awesome. Great video, really enjoyed it. Are they legal on the trails out there? Mule
    Predictions are risky, especially when it comes to the future.

• + New Posts