Tarp
    Wilderness Tadpole
    Insulation
    Not in Georgia...
    Suspension
    Whoopies!
    Images

Got a new bug net...

And I'm clueless. OK, perhaps not clueless but would like a direction to follow since ENO provided no instructions at all. Looked at the Stickies and nothing popped out that could be useful to me. ENO website also had a lack of info.

My objective is to have bug net and hammock stowable inside a dual ended stuff sack or snakeskins. (More help needed on that later)

I have:
    Bug net, 1 each
    16" x 1/8" dia piece of black cordage, 1 each
    13' 10" x 1/16" blue and white string, 1 each

Bug net came with cordlocks on each end and fit the hammock just fine.
    Despite the fact I'm going to completely ignore them, I'd still like to know what they consider the standard method.

I've used a stripped 550 cord ridgeline larksheaded to the gathered hammock ends with a 10" piece of bungee to keep tension. Ran the cord inside to lift the net, since the plastic hooks seem useless to me.

I also plan on using a tarp in the VERY near future, as it's about to become a necessity in South GA this summer. It'll be separate, but will also hide in a snakeskin. Have not decided what brand, open to versitile, cheap and well built options.

Question No. 2:
    How big of a snakeskin will I need to fit a standard "Whoopied" Doublenest and ENO bug net? HH makes #1, 2, 3 and 4, but doesn't list dimensions or lengths for these sizes. Anyone got measurments on these?

Not intending to DIY them, for $20 I can mail order it quicker. If someone out there cares to do an experiment, the total girth of these two items are around 1 1/4" dia. How small can I go?

Ideas?
    Thanks in advance,
    Shnick
    ...Levitate me
    - Pixies

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Using the ridgeline to support the bugnet as you have done is the common thing to do.

Your ridgeline is fine if its just to support the bugnet. If you want it to be a structural ridgeline, then non stretch cordage would be a better choice.

For less expensive tarps, Kelty and Chinook are ones I've seen mention although the are heavier than silnylon if weight is a factor for you.

I think the number 4's are what I've read people use the most.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Wilderness Tadpole
    Insulation
    Not in Georgia...
    Suspension
    Whoopies!
    Images
    Thanks Bubba!

Shnick
    ...Levitate me