Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25
  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Melrose, Ma
    Posts
    7

    Using Hammocks in NewHampshire

    I'm thinking of getting a Henessy hammock to go backpacking with in the White Mountains up in New Hampshire. I'm trying to decide wether to just get a Bivy or get a hammock to use backpacking. Have any of you used a hammock to camp out in in this area? My Freind thinks the tree's are too small in the whites and I have not been there to see for my self. Neither of us have any experience with Hammock camping.

    Thanks!
    Andy

  2. #2
    neo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    nashville,tennessee
    Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Posts
    4,281
    Images
    295
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I'm thinking of getting a Henessy hammock to go backpacking with in the White Mountains up in New Hampshire. I'm trying to decide wether to just get a Bivy or get a hammock to use backpacking. Have any of you used a hammock to camp out in in this area? My Freind thinks the tree's are too small in the whites and I have not been there to see for my self. Neither of us have any experience with Hammock camping.

    Thanks!
    Andy
    i hung every nite in new hampshire but 2 nights.i stayed in madison springs and lake of clouds huts.there is probally 20 miles in nh that is non hangable
    but those place are easily hiked thru if you plan right.but that 20 miles is spread outneo
    the matrix has you

  3. #3
    Senior Member elcolombianito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Bogota, Colombia
    Hammock
    HH Expedition A-Sym (Zipper Mod)
    Tarp
    HH Poly. Hex
    Insulation
    HH SuperShelter
    Suspension
    ring buckles
    Posts
    209
    Images
    20
    im pretty sure most here will recomend you to go the hammock road . now the hammock you choose to begin with is up to you, but i find the hh to be great.

  4. #4
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Melrose, Ma
    Posts
    7
    What do I do If I can't hang it up? Just sleep in it like a bivy on the ground?

  5. #5
    neo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    nashville,tennessee
    Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Posts
    4,281
    Images
    295
    the matrix has you

  6. #6
    neo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    nashville,tennessee
    Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Posts
    4,281
    Images
    295
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    What do I do If I can't hang it up? Just sleep in it like a bivy on the ground?
    no i stayed in huts the only 2 nights i did not hangneo
    the matrix has you

  7. #7
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Melrose, Ma
    Posts
    7
    oooh I see.

    Cool pic's!

  8. #8
    Senior Member GrizzlyAdams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Hammock
    DIY Bridge, v0.n, where n is large
    Tarp
    depends on season
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Posts
    4,657
    Images
    564

    Been there and done that

    see this post.

    Actually I was on the AT in NH last weekend, near Hanover.

    Up in the Whites you do need to work a little bit to
    find spots where the trees are sparse enough to hang.
    But you don't have to work as hard as you do to find
    an off trail site to camp on the ground.

    Grizz

  9. #9
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Melrose, Ma
    Posts
    7
    So what happens if I can't find suitable tree's to hang it from? is there a way to use it on the ground?

    thanks for all this info so quickly!

  10. #10
    neo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    nashville,tennessee
    Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Posts
    4,281
    Images
    295
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    see this post.

    Actually I was on the AT in NH last weekend, near Hanover.

    Up in the Whites you do need to work a little bit to
    find spots where the trees are sparse enough to hang.
    But you don't have to work as hard as you do to find
    an off trail site to camp on the ground.

    Grizz
    lots of tree in that areaneo
    the matrix has you

Similar Threads

  1. Another Win For Hammocks!!!
    By default in forum General Hammock Talk
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 08-29-2012, 15:40
  2. Seat Hammocks, Spreader Bar Hammocks, & Portable Hammocks For Sale!
    By HammocksofCostaRica in forum Other Vendors and Services
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-23-2011, 13:18
  3. net hammocks vs nylon hammocks?
    By ekaphoto in forum General Hammock Talk
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-06-2010, 15:46
  4. New to Hammocks
    By SmokeEater in forum Eagles Nest Hammocks
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-29-2009, 09:02
  5. How Many Hammocks and Why?
    By Bumper in forum General Hammock Talk
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 07-19-2009, 06:31

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •