Hammock
    SLD Streamliner in 1.9 Multicam
    Tarp
    Camo SF
    Insulation
    JRB MW4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

Question Exped Asym Zip Super Shelter????

Do they make a super shelter for the Exped Asym Zip? I have searched and searched but can't find anything on it.

Hammock
    Hennesey Expedition
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    HG TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Amsteel
    Quote Originally Posted by snidetripod View Post
    Do they make a super shelter for the Exped Asym Zip? I have searched and searched but can't find anything on it.
    you'll need the super shelter #1 for an Expedition. Asym refers to the shape of the tarp which doesnt play a role in the super shelter system. Zip refers that it is the zipper entry rather than the bottom velcro entry of the hammock.

http://hennessyhammock.com/catalog/insulation/
    SUSPENDO LIBERTAS

Hammock
    SLD Streamliner in 1.9 Multicam
    Tarp
    Camo SF
    Insulation
    JRB MW4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Thanks Trailblazer007, I was worried that the super shelter has a bottom entry, but it looks like it doesn't. It will be a few months before I can afford one anyway, but I decided to research now. Thanks

Hammock
    Hennesey Expedition
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    HG TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Amsteel
    Quote Originally Posted by snidetripod View Post
    Thanks Trailblazer007, I was worried that the super shelter has a bottom entry, but it looks like it doesn't. It will be a few months before I can afford one anyway, but I decided to research now. Thanks
    good luck in your search!
    SUSPENDO LIBERTAS

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe+2QZQ Mod #4
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/ 2QZQ OFS
    Insulation
    OWL 20* TQ/UQ's
    Suspension
    Whoopies+Biner
    The Supershelter #1 (and #2 for that matter) DOES have an opening on the bottom for the bottom entry. I don't believe that HH makes ones specifically for side (zip) entry models yet.

Having that opening for the bottom won't hurt anything, and won't change it's performance as far as I know.

Now, using the Overcover with the zip models can be somewhat problematical from what I've gathered. There's no "approved" method for attaching one and still being able to enter/exit the hammock via the side zipper. But, there have been many good suggested workarounds that might suit your needs when/if you get to that point.

Hammock
    Hennessy Exp.
    Tarp
    Chinook 9.5'x12'
    Insulation
    HHSS
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I emailed Tom at HH a while back and asked if they were planning on making a SS without the slit in the bottom for the Zipper hammocks. I was told by the folks there that they have no plans to change the SS undercover because the current one with the slit works for both style hammocks.

Hammock
    None
    Tarp
    None
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    None
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    The Supershelter #1 (and #2 for that matter) DOES have an opening on the bottom for the bottom entry. I don't believe that HH makes ones specifically for side (zip) entry models yet.

Having that opening for the bottom won't hurt anything, and won't change it's performance as far as I know.

Now, using the Overcover with the zip models can be somewhat problematical from what I've gathered. There's no "approved" method for attaching one and still being able to enter/exit the hammock via the side zipper. But, there have been many good suggested workarounds that might suit your needs when/if you get to that point.
    When I used my supershelter this year I had no problems using the top cover with my side zip. it's a matter if lifting it up a little bit and getting in. I did switch to an under quilt, but really liked the SS. It did exactly what I needed it to do with no problems.

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe+2QZQ Mod #4
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/ 2QZQ OFS
    Insulation
    OWL 20* TQ/UQ's
    Suspension
    Whoopies+Biner
    I've had no issues with the supershelter myself, nor has my son Weasel. We've both used it down to 22F with some decent winds last Jan. Neither of us had bothered to put on the overcover at that point...just didn't seem cold enough for it yet.

I suspect we could go a good bit colder if we had to by putting the overcover on, and doubling up on some of our insulation inside the hammock (I could use my fleece liner inside my 20deg mummy bag, placed inside my 15deg military bag, with a pad underneath that inside the hammock. Throw in my poncho liner and the full HHSS...I'm figuring I should be good to some pretty low temps if needed.

• + New Posts