Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    New Member Perezrt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Adana, Turkey
    Hammock
    WL Snipe, BIAS WW
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Straps N Whoopies
    Posts
    42

    Check out my new DIY UQ

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSirY0T7pNY

    This is a quick slide show of me making my UQ.

    Let me know what you think!

  2. #2
    MAD777's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    South Florida
    Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY down 3/4 UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide & Dutch
    Posts
    10,519
    Images
    39
    Very professional looking! You should have messed up a couple of stitches so that you can convince people that you didn't buy it!
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

  3. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bristol, uk
    Hammock
    DD Frontline Hammock
    Tarp
    DD Tarp XL
    Insulation
    Hobo UQ
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    Posts
    18
    Nice work man. I've just finished my final designs for my UQ project. I'm going to stat it when i get back from my mates birthday hang this week end but I was just wondering how you got along with those nylon baffles because most of the tutorials I've seen so far have use mozzie net?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Benbrook, Texas
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 double
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    KAQ UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopee Slings
    Posts
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by Perezrt View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSirY0T7pNY

    This is a quick slide show of me making my UQ.

    Let me know what you think!
    Great video and very good job.
    John 3-16

  5. #5
    Senior Member ironridger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Virginia,MN
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.1dbl,Grand Trunk
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY TQ, Leighlo UQ
    Suspension
    WB straps
    Posts
    133
    Images
    7
    Mighty fine looking quilt.

  6. #6
    New Member Perezrt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Adana, Turkey
    Hammock
    WL Snipe, BIAS WW
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Straps N Whoopies
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by The Yanman View Post
    Nice work man. I've just finished my final designs for my UQ project. I'm going to stat it when i get back from my mates birthday hang this week end but I was just wondering how you got along with those nylon baffles because most of the tutorials I've seen so far have use mozzie net?
    Thanks man. This is the second one ive made and it just seams like the nylon baffles are a lot easer to deal with than the netting, and its not that much heaver. The final product is onley 15 oz with the suspension.

  7. #7
    hppyfngy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Crozet, Virginia
    Hammock
    The one in the van
    Tarp
    CamoHexMonster
    Insulation
    Fluff
    Suspension
    Flying Trapeze
    Posts
    3,322
    Images
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by Perezrt View Post
    Thanks man. This is the second one ive made and it just seams like the nylon baffles are a lot easer to deal with than the netting, and its not that much heaver. The final product is onley 15 oz with the suspension.
    Looks great but I'm curious about the "solid" baffles too as I'm designing my first uq.

    They surely don't "breathe" like netting would. Does that affect the functionality at all? Does it fluff up evenly after being compressed?

    That sounds like a dumb question but I'm trying to figure out why anyone would use netting instead of solid nylon. It seems your way is easier.
    Caution: Happy Fun Guy may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds.
    If Happy Fun Guy begins to smoke, get away immediately. Seek shelter and cover head.
    Do not taunt Happy Fun Guy. - Randy

    TDStand Instructions

    TDStand Disclaimer! I'm Not Kidding!

  8. #8
    New Member Perezrt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Adana, Turkey
    Hammock
    WL Snipe, BIAS WW
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Straps N Whoopies
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by hppyfngy View Post
    Looks great but I'm curious about the "solid" baffles too as I'm designing my first uq.

    They surely don't "breathe" like netting would. Does that affect the functionality at all? Does it fluff up evenly after being compressed?

    That sounds like a dumb question but I'm trying to figure out why anyone would use netting instead of solid nylon. It seems your way is easier.
    I couldn't find any information on why you would use netting for the baffles so I just used the 1.1. This is actualy the 2nd one I made. The first one was just a bit to small at the sholders, but with only 6 Oz of down I made it down to 20 degrees with no problems on a few occasions. So the preformance seems to be on par. It fluffs up perfectaly every time. I would be curious to find out why netting is better.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Eagle River, WI
    Hammock
    Jacks-R-better bridge
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear
    Insulation
    JRB Top & Bottom
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    219
    What temp do you figure it should be good down to?

  10. #10
    New Member Crawfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    utica NY
    Hammock
    HH
    Insulation
    Sleeping bag
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    43
    Images
    3
    Nice Looking.

Similar Threads

  1. Make sure to check the instock section before you check out!
    By scryan in forum Arrowhead Equipment (Home of Kick Ass Quilts)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-31-2013, 22:56
  2. UQ – Check…Now What?
    By toadz in forum Under Quilts
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-18-2012, 08:31
  3. Hammock, check. Tarp, check. HammockBoat? check.
    By MrClean417 in forum General Hammock Talk
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-05-2011, 20:13

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •