Warbonnet BB 1.7d
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Ultra
    Insulation
    HG 0° UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    BB Webbing/Dutch!

One of the last...

It's sad that Brian is closing shop, but I am so glad he was able to reach the goal of getting the career he worked so hard for. OES set a standard for tarp quality. I hope he returns some day.

Seeing how the cottage businesses work, especially labor intensive things like making tarps, quilts and what not--it's understandable that you don't get immediate response or it takes weeks to get a product. I've seen first-hand how busy things can get, it's insane.

When I set about trying to get a tarp from Brian, knowing he was closing shop, I wasn't expecting much. He said he had a couple in stock that he had left, so I told him the one I wanted. A month later (and some communication mishaps), I received the tarp in exactly the color I initially wanted.

Now I don't know if Brian made one or if I got lucky and it was the color I needed, but this guy ran OES on his own, while working. I have a lot of respect for a person that does both and I have a lot of patience because I know he has to be busy.

I just wanted to say thanks to Brian for the quality work and to say that these types of businesses can't necessarily do a quick turn-around or contact you in a timely manner, but it's worth the wait.

I wish Brian all the best and hope to see OES reborn in the future.
    Proving to the world that I can hang.

Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Images
    Absolutely +1 on all accounts!! My OES tarps remain my favourites to this day. Congrats on yours!
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    I'll agree having a OES Ultra Spinn tarp from Brian. It's my go-to tarp.
    A 12' ridgeline and big coverage all for 11.5 ounces. It's such a good tarp; that's what prevents me from justifying the jump to cuben.

Brian actually started his business in high school! He is a legend!
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Stockton, New Jersey (along the Delaware River)
    Hammock
    Warbonnet BlackBird
    Tarp
    HG-4SCCCFT/WBSF
    Insulation
    Crowsnest/JRB MWUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies, DW baby
    Kudos to Brian for his quality products and his reaching his professional goals!

I remember him selling his soda can stoves, on e-bay, if I remember correctly. He's come a long way. Congratulations!!

And from his website:

Update March 7, 2012

After selling through my entire stock of tarps, I'm pleased to announce the future availability of a batch of MacCat tarps in the near future! I am currently running fabric tests now and should be able to get a batch ready soon. Pre-orders will be available once testing is complete and I can guarantee availabilty.
    "Surround yourself with the best people you can find, delegate authority, and don't interfere."- RONALD REAGAN

"There is new life in the soil for every man. There is healing in the trees for tired minds and for our overburdened spirits, there is strength in the hills, if only we will lift up our eyes. Remember that nature is your great restorer." - CALVIN COOLIDGE

My Backpacking Site

Hammock
    TTTM single
    Tarp
    MacCat Ultra
    Insulation
    sleeping bag
    Suspension
    rope and straps
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD777 View Post
    I'll agree having a OES Ultra Spinn tarp from Brian. It's my go-to tarp.
    A 12' ridgeline and big coverage all for 11.5 ounces. It's such a good tarp; that's what prevents me from justifying the jump to cuben.

Brian actually started his business in high school! He is a legend!
    He also had cuben tarps in very limited quantities as from store status.
    It could sell for $1000 as collectors item
    Ride fast
    Live fun

• + New Posts