Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 62
  1. #41
    Redoleary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pennfield Twp, MI
    Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hinterland gear
    Insulation
    down bag
    Suspension
    strap & E.T.'s
    Posts
    3,499
    Images
    70
    Great video Fronkey! That site by the falls looks sweet, nutt'n puts you to sleep like the sound of running water. That will be a great place to take the GF to. Thanks for taking us along.
    Good luck,
    RED

    My Youtube Channel

    Deep peace of the running wave to you.
    Deep peace of the flowing air to you.
    Deep peace of the quiet earth to you.
    Deep peace of the shining stars to you.
    Deep peace without end to you.
    adapted from - ancient gaelic runes

  2. #42
    Fronkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Grass Valley, Ca
    Hammock
    DIY "The Crippler"
    Tarp
    "Cuben Refugee"
    Insulation
    DIY "The Ex-gf"
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    5,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Veto 65 View Post
    I enjoy watching your videos, and this one didn't disapoint me. Thanks for taking the time to make this and posting.
    Thanks so much dude. I'm happy people seem to like my adventures.

    Fronkey

  3. #43
    Fronkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Grass Valley, Ca
    Hammock
    DIY "The Crippler"
    Tarp
    "Cuben Refugee"
    Insulation
    DIY "The Ex-gf"
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    5,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Redoleary View Post
    Great video Fronkey! That site by the falls looks sweet, nutt'n puts you to sleep like the sound of running water. That will be a great place to take the GF to. Thanks for taking us along.
    Thanks a bunch Red. I am for sure going to take the girlfriend to that site for her first hang in the woods. I'm thinking June would be warm enough for her and she can go swimming there too. Man, that will be a really funny video. lol

    Thanks again!

    Fronkey

  4. #44
    Redoleary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pennfield Twp, MI
    Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hinterland gear
    Insulation
    down bag
    Suspension
    strap & E.T.'s
    Posts
    3,499
    Images
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by Fronkey View Post
    Thanks a bunch Red. I am for sure going to take the girlfriend to that site for her first hang in the woods. I'm thinking June would be warm enough for her and she can go swimming there too. Man, that will be a really funny video. lol

    Thanks again!

    Fronkey
    Get a black fly report before you go, if you go in June. Black flies come from moving water, unlike mosquitoes that come from still water, so you could be camped right next to their nursery. I don't know when black fly season is in MN but if it's June it could make for a bad first impression.
    Good luck,
    RED

    My Youtube Channel

    Deep peace of the running wave to you.
    Deep peace of the flowing air to you.
    Deep peace of the quiet earth to you.
    Deep peace of the shining stars to you.
    Deep peace without end to you.
    adapted from - ancient gaelic runes

  5. #45
    Fronkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Grass Valley, Ca
    Hammock
    DIY "The Crippler"
    Tarp
    "Cuben Refugee"
    Insulation
    DIY "The Ex-gf"
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    5,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Redoleary View Post
    Get a black fly report before you go, if you go in June. Black flies come from moving water, unlike mosquitoes that come from still water, so you could be camped right next to their nursery. I don't know when black fly season is in MN but if it's June it could make for a bad first impression.
    Crap! That's a great point and I would hate for her to have an awful time because of that. Plus, Kiba tends to get bit a lot by those nasties, so I have to consider that as well. I'm going to have to do some research. lol Thanks a bunch for the info.

    Fronkey

  6. #46
    Callahan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, dbl 1.0 BB, Bias WW
    Tarp
    HG Custom 4S
    Insulation
    WB Lynx, HG, MB
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Posts
    1,087
    Great video dude! Nothing like having something get eaten next to camp in the middle of the night to get the blood flowing! Pretty cool to get to see a pine marten, they are pretty elusive. The bit where you told Kibs that she was adopted nearly made me snort my drink out of my nose.

    I've heard of the dog whisperer, but you sir, are the "Donkey Conqueror"

    Cheers

  7. #47
    Fronkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Grass Valley, Ca
    Hammock
    DIY "The Crippler"
    Tarp
    "Cuben Refugee"
    Insulation
    DIY "The Ex-gf"
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    5,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    Great video dude! Nothing like having something get eaten next to camp in the middle of the night to get the blood flowing! Pretty cool to get to see a pine marten, they are pretty elusive. The bit where you told Kibs that she was adopted nearly made me snort my drink out of my nose.

    I've heard of the dog whisperer, but you sir, are the "Donkey Conqueror"

    Cheers
    Thanks a lot man! The Pine Marten was the highlight of the trip, even though it freaked us out to be woken up by that. lol

    Kiba has accepted that the lady and I aren't her real parents. We love her all the same. lol

    Thanks again for watching. I really appreciate it!

    Fronkey

  8. #48

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Posts
    1,717
    Great video again Fronkey. You have some of my favorites.

    On another note, you should finish making your Heini stove, so I can see how it's finished...

  9. #49
    Fronkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Grass Valley, Ca
    Hammock
    DIY "The Crippler"
    Tarp
    "Cuben Refugee"
    Insulation
    DIY "The Ex-gf"
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    5,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Great video again Fronkey. You have some of my favorites.

    On another note, you should finish making your Heini stove, so I can see how it's finished...
    Thanks a bunch dude!

    Are you talking about that video I made? If so, than that was a heiny pot and that was how you make one. Cut off the lid and you're done.

    Fronkey

  10. #50

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Posts
    1,717
    OK, a Heini POT, not a stove. Duh!

Similar Threads

  1. Fronkey & Kiba: Journey for the wolf.
    By Fronkey in forum Trip Reports
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 06-10-2012, 19:32
  2. Video: Fronkey and Kiba: The Quest for Cold
    By Fronkey in forum Trip Reports
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 01-19-2012, 07:02
  3. Kiba the wonder pup's first over night hike!
    By Fronkey in forum Trip Reports
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 06-02-2011, 18:05

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •