Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 62
  1. #51
    mbiraman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Kootenays,BC,Canada
    Hammock
    Warbonnet BB DL 1.1 & Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Black MacCat Del.
    Insulation
    Yeti 3,4 & HRQ/HGB
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopie
    Posts
    4,597
    Images
    7
    Hey Fronkey; Nice video. I just got home yesterday , been gone most of March, and it was fun to watch a Fronkey vid. You guys really missed winter huh. When i passed through the rockies two days ago at a place called Rogers pass/ Glacier park there was eight feet of standing snow,,,,,,,but they always get that. Pouring rain here with a foot or so of melting snow on the ground. Be well

    bill
    " The mind creates the abyss, the heart crosses it."

    “The measure of your life will not be in what you accumulate, but in what you give away.” ~Wayne Dyer

    www.birchsidecustomwoodwork.com

  2. #52
    Fronkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Grass Valley, Ca
    Hammock
    DIY "The Crippler"
    Tarp
    "Cuben Refugee"
    Insulation
    DIY "The Ex-gf"
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    5,403
    Quote Originally Posted by mbiraman View Post
    Hey Fronkey; Nice video. I just got home yesterday , been gone most of March, and it was fun to watch a Fronkey vid. You guys really missed winter huh. When i passed through the rockies two days ago at a place called Rogers pass/ Glacier park there was eight feet of standing snow,,,,,,,but they always get that. Pouring rain here with a foot or so of melting snow on the ground. Be well

    bill
    I had been wondering where you've been. Glad to see you're home safe and sound and I hope you snagged some pics of your trip. I am really looking forward to your spring trip reports too.

    Thanks a bunch for watching and take care my friend.

    Fronkey

  3. #53
    mbiraman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Kootenays,BC,Canada
    Hammock
    Warbonnet BB DL 1.1 & Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Black MacCat Del.
    Insulation
    Yeti 3,4 & HRQ/HGB
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopie
    Posts
    4,597
    Images
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Fronkey View Post
    I had been wondering where you've been. Glad to see you're home safe and sound and I hope you snagged some pics of your trip. I am really looking forward to your spring trip reports too.

    Thanks a bunch for watching and take care my friend.

    Fronkey
    My trip was not a fun trip. I was in the big city doing home care for my father who had had emergency surgery at the beginning of march. Stressful trip. I wanted to take some pics on the way back but the weather was socked in most of the way. I do have a couple of pics but not a blue sky day. I'm hoping to get out soon but the forecast is Rain for a wk or so. We'll see.

    bill
    " The mind creates the abyss, the heart crosses it."

    “The measure of your life will not be in what you accumulate, but in what you give away.” ~Wayne Dyer

    www.birchsidecustomwoodwork.com

  4. #54
    Fronkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Grass Valley, Ca
    Hammock
    DIY "The Crippler"
    Tarp
    "Cuben Refugee"
    Insulation
    DIY "The Ex-gf"
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    5,403
    Quote Originally Posted by mbiraman View Post
    My trip was not a fun trip. I was in the big city doing home care for my father who had had emergency surgery at the beginning of march. Stressful trip. I wanted to take some pics on the way back but the weather was socked in most of the way. I do have a couple of pics but not a blue sky day. I'm hoping to get out soon but the forecast is Rain for a wk or so. We'll see.

    bill
    Oh man, I'm really sorry to hear about your father. I'll keep him in my thoughts for sure.

    With the way the seasons have been this year, I'm betting that spring will be a long one and you'll have plenty of time to get out.

    I am already trying to figure out the next time I can get back out in the woods.

    Fronkey

  5. #55
    Senior Member born2roam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Het Westland, The Netherlands
    Hammock
    Hennessy UL Explorer (2QZQ Mod #4)
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    Baby Orca & NoSniv
    Suspension
    Whoopie & biner
    Posts
    957
    Images
    9
    Nice vid mate, thanks for the ride along!

    Grtz Johan
    ***
    My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of existence.
    ***

    mob: +31 6 44 80 82 63

    http://www.dutchunlimited.com
    http://dutchunlimited.com/english/

    My YouTube
    ***

  6. #56
    Bruciehi5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Australia, Brisbane, Queensland
    Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    Posts
    758
    Hi there Fronkey,

    Your slip and stumble near the beginning was pretty good, nice save too by the way. lol Really nice waterfalls, plenty of water too. I liked the beep out, that was strange. Yeah, moist air is gunna get you, ain’t that the truth. WOW! A real live donkey stampede! They were really moving too. You could have been KILLED! lol Yes, I like the little ad ons from yesteryear, keep’em coming.

    Thanks for the fun video, Fronkey! Kiba had a good time, as usual. No doggy backpack this time, must have been going ultra light.

  7. #57
    New Member RustyFurnace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Madisonville Ky
    Hammock
    Hennessy Ultralite Explorer
    Suspension
    WS & Dutch Clips
    Posts
    16
    Hey Fronkey, nice video. Maybe I should get a dog. Looks like less maintenance then the guys I hike with. Lol

    Just kidding, This is a video about my birthday backpacking trip on two lakes trail in Hoosier National Forest. March 23-25 trying some new gear, hammock set-up and just getting ready for a week on the AT. I also tried out an idea I had to dry bake a muffin without needing to pack more gear to do it.

    It is good to surround yourself with Godly men, but it is better if they enjoy the same activities as you!

    Two Lakes Trail Video[/QUOTE]

  8. #58
    Acer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Southern Indiana Wooded Hills
    Hammock
    WBRR, Diy M90 MR Gathered
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Lynx/UGQ/Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Straps/Whoop/Dutch
    Posts
    3,887
    Images
    19
    nice video,,glad you had great weather as well,,except for the storms. That is definitely a nice trail as I have hiked it in the past myself. Keep taking the videos.

  9. #59
    Senior Member nryche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Everett, wa
    Hammock
    Hennessy
    Tarp
    HEX
    Insulation
    Super Shelter
    Posts
    128
    Great video as always. I'm jealous of the weather you have. Its still snowing in our hills and looks like we are going to have record breaking rainfall for the month too. This weather is getting old fast

  10. #60
    Fronkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Grass Valley, Ca
    Hammock
    DIY "The Crippler"
    Tarp
    "Cuben Refugee"
    Insulation
    DIY "The Ex-gf"
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    5,403
    Quote Originally Posted by born2roam View Post
    Nice vid mate, thanks for the ride along!

    Grtz Johan
    Thanks a bunch dude!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruciehi5 View Post
    Hi there Fronkey,

    Your slip and stumble near the beginning was pretty good, nice save too by the way. lol Really nice waterfalls, plenty of water too. I liked the beep out, that was strange. Yeah, moist air is gunna get you, ain’t that the truth. WOW! A real live donkey stampede! They were really moving too. You could have been KILLED! lol Yes, I like the little ad ons from yesteryear, keep’em coming.

    Thanks for the fun video, Fronkey! Kiba had a good time, as usual. No doggy backpack this time, must have been going ultra light.
    Haha I was hoping someone would notice that. I was actually yelling at Kiba for running off in that scene and when I was walking to turn off the camera I tripped. lol

    The dude who said "beep" is actually called "Beep" for his trail name.

    Thanks a lot for watching sir. I really appreciate it.

    Oh yeah, I'll be in your neck of the woods again next March. Australia is calling me and I want to visit some of my friends there.

    Quote Originally Posted by RustyFurnace View Post
    Hey Fronkey, nice video. Maybe I should get a dog. Looks like less maintenance then the guys I hike with. Lol

    Just kidding, This is a video about my birthday backpacking trip on two lakes trail in Hoosier National Forest. March 23-25 trying some new gear, hammock set-up and just getting ready for a week on the AT. I also tried out an idea I had to dry bake a muffin without needing to pack more gear to do it.

    It is good to surround yourself with Godly men, but it is better if they enjoy the same activities as you!

    Two Lakes Trail Video
    Having a pup out there is for sure more responsibility. But, there's nothing better than being in the woods with an animal.

    Have an awesome time on your week long AT hike. I look forward to the video.

    Quote Originally Posted by Acer View Post
    nice video,,glad you had great weather as well,,except for the storms. That is definitely a nice trail as I have hiked it in the past myself. Keep taking the videos.
    The rain and wetness keep things fun and different. Plus, it's so nice to sleep in at night.

    I will for sure be taking videos, you can count on that.

    Thanks for watching!

    Quote Originally Posted by nryche View Post
    Great video as always. I'm jealous of the weather you have. Its still snowing in our hills and looks like we are going to have record breaking rainfall for the month too. This weather is getting old fast
    I'm jealous of your weather. We barely got any snow this year. Plus, I badly want to hike the Pacific Northwest and am really hoping to do a trip there in 2013. Your woods are calling me!
    Thanks for checking out my video.

    Fronkey

Similar Threads

  1. Fronkey & Kiba: Journey for the wolf.
    By Fronkey in forum Trip Reports
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 06-10-2012, 19:32
  2. Video: Fronkey and Kiba: The Quest for Cold
    By Fronkey in forum Trip Reports
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 01-19-2012, 07:02
  3. Kiba the wonder pup's first over night hike!
    By Fronkey in forum Trip Reports
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 06-02-2011, 18:05

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •