Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Images

Read the fine print!!

This thread has went way off what I originally intended. I wish I could change the title. The gist is this: I missed the disclaimer that the biners were not included and I assumed they were. My mistake, had nothing to do with Brandon or Warbonnet. I should have read the description. I didn't. What can I say, I was excited about ordering!!

My only intent in starting this was to let potential buyers know that biners were not included and to be sure and read every thing

"OK, so I got my WBBB 1.1 dbl and couldn't wait to set it up. Got everything ready and discovered that I didn't have any carabiners to use. Went back to the website and read and discovered that the carabiners are not included. Ordered a pair and now I have to wait again.
    Don't make the same dumb mistake I made. I assumed that everything I needed was included and it's not.

The moral of the story...Read the fine print."
    Last edited by hrairoorah; 03-26-2012 at 19:39. Reason: clarification of thread (I hope)

Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Images
    Its a bit more time consuming but you can simply thread the strap through the loop around the tree and then rethread the triangles and tighten and you are hanging!
    Dutch Clips work beautifully here as well.
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    Etowah UL 10x10
    Insulation
    Pad/Poncho liner
    I didn't see that either, I'd say bumping the price up slightly (biners don't cost too much) and just including them would be a good move. Having a "ready to go" hammock seems more favorable than one that is so close to being ready to go, but isn't.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Perhaps a trip to a local sporting goods store and end the wait?

I'd guess Brandon allows that many of us have 'biners already and so not included.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chert View Post
    Having a "ready to go" hammock seems more favorable than one that is so close to being ready to go, but isn't.
    Totally and completely agree!
    I suspect it's due to so many folks switching out suspensions for Whoopies, or using DutchClips instead of biners. But still...
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    I'd say carabiners are a personal choice. So many ways to do it and carabiners are just one way. Are you referring to attatching your whoopies to the tree straps or securing the tree strap around the tree?

Sent from my HTC Panache using Tapatalk
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    The biners or clips need don't need to bear much or any load. In fact, they may be convenient, but by rotating the strap you can probably do without either altogether.

If you insist on clipping two sides of the strap loop together, you can do it with great weight savings with a soft shackle of the lightest line. Or, you can reduce the load on the apparatus in that function and use a light-weight biner.

The point is you can maximize or minimize the load on this hardware. Minimize it totally and you don't need it. If you don't need it, it should not be included and raise the minimum cost of the total kit.

Hammock
    Darien UL
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Suspension
    NCAA
    Just put the strap on the tree and drive 10 nails thru the strap into the tree. Should hold it just fine.

I'm kidding of course. It takes .1 seconds to unthread the straps, pass the free end of the strap around the tree and back thru the sewn loop, and re-thread the strap in the buckle. This is what I always did with my Warbonnet strap/buckle setup. Carabiners are useless once you figure this out.

Hammock
    WB RR
    Tarp
    12' Winter Shelter
    Insulation
    Quilts
    The biners from Warbonnet are fine (1100 lbs rating), but I think you will find that your local sporting goods store will have biners that are lighter, stronger, and (especially with shipping) cheaper.

Hint: Get two different colors and it is easy to mark the head and foot ends.
    We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. - Ben Franklin
    (known as a win-win on this forum)

Hammock
    HH Explorer
    Tarp
    AHE Hard Rock/OMW
    Insulation
    Leighlo , HH SS
    Suspension
    WB adj web
    Quote Originally Posted by Chert View Post
    I didn't see that either, I'd say bumping the price up slightly (biners don't cost too much) and just including them would be a good move. Having a "ready to go" hammock seems more favorable than one that is so close to being ready to go, but isn't.
    It is ready to go. The hammock can be used as shipped, the biners make it easier to use is all. To follow this line of thinking In all but the warmest times in the warmest parts of the country some form of bottom insulation is need, should he raise the price and include an under quilt as well? Or a top quilt, and then dont forget the tarp, and lines, then there is the stakes, oh and a pack to put it in Where should the line be drawn? Who should draw it? Wouldn't it be more prudent to read and ask questions BEFORE a purchase is made rather than after? I am just saying is all.
    It is sold so that you can build your kit the way you want it.
    Just incase this comes across as to harsh it is not meant that way.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast